I Mean...F.ck....Oops....Sorry

Niall let himself into his home and yelled out a 'hello'. Jacey immediately appeared and hurried down the stairs, smiling at Niall as she arrived in front of him.

"Everything is set up Niall, so if you're ready?" She raised a questioning eyebrow at him. Niall frowned and shook his head, muttering under his breath that, no, he wasn't ready and he didn't want to do this anyway. Unfortunately for him, Jacey wasn't going to put up with his mini tantrum, so she gently grabbed his arm and led him upstairs. "Big baby" she teased.

"Jacey, look, m' not in the mood. Can we do this later?" Niall used his most wheedling tone of voice but Jacey wasn't having any of it.

"No" She said firmly. "This isn't open to debate. So just sit yourself down and lets get started. She pushed Niall down on the bed and he sat there, arms folded across his chest, pouting adorably. Jacey had to bit the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from laughing as he just looked like a very cute toddler who'd just been denied ice cream. "The sooner we get started the sooner we're done" she stated patiently. "Come on, shirt off". Niall glared at her but complied.

"Sh*t. Don't you ever warm that thing first?" Niall grumbled as Jacey put the cold stethoscope against his chest. She smiled at him but shushed him gently as she listened carefully. She moved the stethoscope around, asking him to cough at various times. Draping the stethoscope around her neck, she fixed the cuff of the blood pressure monitor around Niall's upper arm and tightened it before pressing the button. Niall screwed up his face as the cuff immediately started to inflate, pressing his arm uncomfortably. He was glad when it deflated. He turned his head to try and see the reading but Jacey had moved it out of his line of vision before detaching the cuff from his arm. She picked up her clipboard and started to scribble down her notes.

"OK, let's just check your temperature and glands." Jacey put the thermometer in his ear and noted down the reading when it beeped. She then very gentle felt around the glands of Niall's neck, giving him a brief smile as she did so. "Ummh, Niall, could you just take your jeans off please?" which instantly made Niall blush bright red.

"Aw, come on" He moaned "Is it necessary?"

"Niall, please?" Jacey spoke resignedly. This happened every single time and Niall never got better at being cooperative. She waited patiently as Niall finally stood and pulled down his jeans , complaining the whole time. "OK, lay down for me" Niall did as he was told and Jacey pressed about his stomach and checked the glands in his groin which made Niall blush even more. "All done" Jacey said, giving Niall a half smile. "No, stay there. You might as well be comfortable while you have the IV" Jacey spoke firmly when Niall sat up again and started to reach for his jeans. He gave her another of his glares and this time she did smile.

"OK, it's all set up" Jacey carefully adjusted the flow of the drip. "I'll bring you a mug of tea. Are you hungry?" She got a negative shake of the head and frowned. She'd check his weight when the IV was finished but she could visibly tell he was losing weight. She smiled  at him then left to make the tea,deciding to make a few slices of toast as well, to see if he'd eat. She drummed her fingers on the kitchen countertop as she waited for things to be done. Things were not looking good but her patient was a stubborn man. She'd been warned by both Mr Caldwell, Niall's Specialist and by Niall's Management team, that Niall was an absolutely sweet man but more stubborn than a mule. Yes, she thought, she was finding that out for herself. She'd have to talk to the boys and try and figure out if one of them would be able to get information out of Niall. The kettle switched off and the toast popped up out of the toaster, bringing her thoughts back to the job in hand.

When Jacey returned to the bedroom, Niall was sat up against the headboard of his bed , looking glumly out of the window.

"Penny for your thoughts ?" Jacey asked as she placed the tray down across Niall's lap. He turned back and looked at her then shrugged without answering.

"Niall, what's wrong? You barely eat these days, you look exhausted  and you're generally are not too well. Give me a break and talk to me......please?" Jacey begged."I can't help if you don't let me".

"Nothing's wrong" Niall's tone was abrupt "So you can stop asking" He turned his gaze back to the window and stared out at the blue sky.

"I don't believe you" Jacey was equally abrupt. She sat down on the bed next to Niall and put her fingers under his chin, moving him to make him face  her. He met her gaze very briefly and pulled away. She sighed. Obviously she wasn't going to get anything out of him. Standing, she checked the IV.  There was still quite some time to go so, seeing the tray of food was untouched, she lifted it  off his lap . "Take a nap" she suggested. Niall shuffled about until he was curled up on his side. Jacey looked to make sure the IV line was secure and untangled then pulled the covers over Niall, hoping he would sleep. She had a few calls to make and she didn't wish him to overhear any of the conversations. Her wish was granted. Niall had very quickly succumbed to sleep so Jacey hurried downstairs to make those important calls.

Jacey returned to the bedroom and  switched off the drip , gently detaching the needle and tubes from Niall's body. He stirred sleepily as he felt movement around him.

"Good nap?" Jacey asked cheerfully and got the sweetest smile from Niall. The sleep had obviously done some good as he seemed far brighter. He reached out his hand and started to play with Jacey's long hair, gently tugging on her ponytail.

"What was he like?" he asked quietly.

"What was who like?" Jacey asked in confusion.

"Your husband" Niall responded "sorry, maybe you don't like talking about it. I shouldn't have asked. Sorry".

"No, it's OK Niall. He was a great guy. Funny, charming, wicked sense of humour. You are actually a lot like him. Though you are far more stubborn" she finished laughingly as she punched him gently in the shoulder.

"Do you...I mean...have you....well..ever considered... other  men.......ummh...I mean....f.ck.....oops...sorry.   I didn't mean.....oh g*d" . Niall was a blushing mess.Honestly. Why was he so tongue tied. He grabbed a pillow and buried his face in it.

"NIall?'

"mmmh?" his voice very muffled by the pillow.

"Yes, I'd love to go out on a date with you" Jacey said laughingly. Niall stayed with his face buried in the pillow for a few moments before lowering it and revealing his embarrassed expression.

"You will!...F.ck!. I mean...Yeah.....wow!"

"