Mission Accomplished!

A/N Although the medical treatment mentioned is currently still in the research stage, it really exists. As this part of the book is actually in the future, I am pretending that it is past that stage and is being used.

"Jacey, I know we kind of thought of a few boys names but I was wondering....."Niall paused, not quite knowing how to express his feelings."You remember the lads talking about when Zayn left the band, how I fell apart?"

"I do" Jacey said, wondering where this was going. Was Niall wanting to call the baby Zayn? She knew that he and Niall had patched things up, spoke regularly but even so..surely not?"

"Yeah, well anyway, I went through a really bad patch, didn't think I'd get through it. Probably wouldn't have if it hadn't been for the lads. They were all great but..." Niall stopped again.

"Ni, just spit it out, for heaven's sake" Jacey said in exasperation.

"Right, yeah, well....Louis was amazing and....Louis Malachi.....for the baby?" Niall looked at Jacey, his blue eyes wide and pleading. Jacey looked down at the baby she held close to her and smiled.

"Louis Malachi" she said softly " Perfect" and knew, the moment she looked up at Niall, how much it meant to him, that it was important that he could finally acknowledge that it had been mainly Louis, that had kept him alive at a time when he didn't want to live." It's nice he'll have his godfather's name" she continued, getting an even bigger smile from Niall.

They sat there in comfortable silence, each looking at their son with wonder. Eventually Jacey made up her mind , hating that she had to raise the subject, but the baby was a week old now and Niall, though he tried to cover it up, was still losing weight and was often in pain. She knew he wasn't going to like it but he needed to get treatment sooner, rather than later. She'd already spoken to James Caldwell and Graeham, both who agreed that Niall needed to be hospitalised and treatment started. Jacey hoped she could persuade him to listen but Niall was so stubborn. She took a deep breath and spoke.

"Niall, sweetheart, I know you'll be against this but you need to get help. You're not doing well and I know you're in constant pain. I left it because I knew you'd not do anything before the baby arrived, but he's here now " Jacey looked at Niall ,who was frowning as he stared down at the floor.

"No" Just the one word.

"Niall, please" Jacey begged but Niall stood up and left the room, stumbling slightly , his balance having got progressively worse the last few days. Jacey sighed then reached for her phone and placed the call. After a ten minute conversation, she ended the call and smiled to herself. Louis was ,indeed, a good friend. Jacey made another call. Things were falling into place. This might just work.

"Where's my boy?" Louis called out as he bounded into the room with his usual energy, making Niall groan slightly. "I want my cuddle". Louis extracted his namesake from Niall's arms and sat down to admire the little baby. He cooed at him gently as he grasped the baby's tiny fingers with his own. Niall quickly photographed their entwined fingers and posted it onto Twitter. It was too cute not to share.

"Why are you here?" Niall asked casually "Not that it isn't great to see you, mate"

"Ah, I've come to take you out for the afternoon. A little fresh air, a nice drive" Louis responded just as casually. " Aoife and Jacey are having  mommies and babies time together ,so we're having a lads outing. You up for it?"

"Yeah, I am. It'll be nice" Niall said sounding a little more cheerful to Louis relief. Part one of his mission accomplished, Louis  thought, as he smiled at Niall before suggesting they head out.