"Niall, No! PLease, It's Not Like That!"

Niall felt warm and comfortable. The sound of the falling rain hitting the window gently  was soothing.  He'd always loved listening to the sounds of rain when he was snug and warm in bed and this just added to his feelings of comfort . He snuggled even more into the warm body that was curled up in his arms, long hair draped across his bare chest. Wait! His arms flew open in shock and he stared down at the women he had cradled so gently in his arms. His big blue eyes wide with shock!

"Morning"  Jacey said in a sleepy voice as she  opened her own eyes, staring up into Niall's shocked ones. "Are you OK? What's wrong?" she untangled herself from Niall's embrace and pushed herself up, feeling his forehead anxiously with her small , cold hand. He felt slightly warm to her touch but nothing alarming , but he was obviously distressed. "Niall?' He didn't reply but moved away from her uneasily. "Niall, what's wrong?" she asked again.

"I....you...why are in here ?" he managed to stammer out, his face crimson with embarrassment.

"You asked me to stay with you last night, don't you remember? " Jacey reminded him gently "You were tired and upset and you wanted me to stay with you. I was going to leave once you were properly asleep but I must have fallen asleep too." It was then Niall noticed that Jacey was still fully clothed, it was him that was just in his boxers. He blushed even deeper and face palmed himself, groaning in embarrassment.

"Sorry, sorry" he managed to mutter."I...."

"It's OK, Niall. You needed a bit of comfort and I was here. " Jacey got up from the bed and stood looking down at Niall. "I'd better go now. I'll see you later. We need to talk, anyway" Niall looked up at her frowning as she spoke. What was there to talk about? He hadn't taken advantage of her had he? No, he'd remember that if he had. He was still frowning when she leant down , kissed him softly on the lips and ruffled his hair before leaving, Niall staring after her in confusion. His emotions were all over the place. His embarrassment at waking up cuddled up to a beautiful woman totally  at war with just how right she had felt in his arms. like she really did belong there.

Niall lay there thinking for a few minutes then climbed slowly out of bed and headed to the shower. His first priority was Aoife and his new granddaughter. He hurried through his morning routine and was just heading downstairs when his door bell was rung persistently. He raced down the final few steps then, after a cursory glance through the spy hole in the door, flung it open to welcome Liam. Taylor had headed straight for the hospital the moment they had landed whilst Liam decided to see Niall. He was pulled into a tight hug and Niall ushered him into the house, talking none stop about the events that had caused Liam and Taylor to race home fro the USA.

Once Niall had told Liam everything about Aoife, he became very quiet and withdrawn. He seemed totally lost in his thoughts and Liam had had to call his name several times before Niall realised he was being spoken to. 

"Nialler, mate" Liam kept his tone casual, light." Been quite a heavy few days for you. The stress on you must'a been crazy. You feel  all right? You seem a bit spaced out"

"Yeah, crazy was right. I thought Aoife was going to die" Niall shuddered as he remembered holding Aoife as he wanted for the Paramedics to arrive. "But we got through it" he breathed out in relief .

"So why are you away with the fairies, mate. I've been talking to you and you're like, somewhere else. I dunno, mate." Liam said patiently

"Ummh, it's a bit...awkward" Niall finally admitted. "Iwokeupwithjaceyinmyarmsthismornin'" he rushed out, blushing furiously.

"Say again, Ni...but slower this time" Liam asked though he though he'd understood what Niall had garbled out. At least he picked up the name, 'Jacey'.

"I sort of woke up this morning cuddling Jacey" Niall buried his face in his hands, muffling his voice slightly.

"Well....Niall the church boy in bed with a woman. You sly dog" Liam laughed loudly when he saw Niall get even redder and shake his head in denial.

"No! No! It wasn't like that. She stayed with me while I fell asleep and she fell asleep too. We didn't do anything!" Niall was so embarrassed. Especially as deep down, he wished......by no....he shouldn't think that way.

"So, what's the problem, Nialler?" Liam questioned gently.

"I...I liked it. I liked it too much, Li" Niall said shamefaced.

"Nialler, listen to me. It's OK. It's OK to like Jacey that much, to want her that much. For g*d's sake man, you don't have to live like a monk. And she's a pretty girl. You are both adults so what's the problem, mate?" Liam asked encouragingly.

"I..it's.....we...." Niall couldn't frame his thoughts into words but somehow Liam knew exactly what was going through Niall's mind.

"Niall, if the shoe had been on the other foot, what would you have wanted Caoimhe to do?" Liam asked gently.

"I'd have  wanted her to be happy. To find someone who loved her as much as I did " Niall whispered.

"And she would have  wanted the same for you, Ni. She'd hate it that you are just walking through life, an observer and not a participant. It's not wrong, Ni, to fall in love with someone else". Liam stood up and hugged Niall " Let's go and see Aoife and our granddaughter. I want to know if they've picked a name for her.". He pushed Niall out the door, waited until he was settled in the passenger seat and drove off to the hospital.

Both men had stayed at the hospital for several hours before leaving Taylor and Aoife together. Liam dropped Niall at his home then left to catch up on his sleep as jet lag was catching up with him. Niall was surprised to find Jacey waiting for him.

"Hey gorgeous, why are you here? Not that I'm not happy to see you but today isn't a treatment day" Niall asked, looking confused as he swept Jacey in for a gentle kiss.

"No. Look Niall, we have to talk. I've been to see Management and they agree, I can't do this anymore. It's not right. Graeham is back and he's taking over from me." Jacey blurted out. Niall backed away, looking stunned.

"You don't want to be with me anymore. You're finishing with me ?" hurt laced Niall's voice as he backed away, his blue eyes beginning to swim with tears. What had he done? Was it because of last night?

"Niall, NO!. Please it's not like that" Jacey looked at Niall in horror. What had she done? "Niall come back!" but Niall was already racing out of his house. She ran after him to try and stop him but his car had already pulled away.She pulled her phone from her pocket and rapidly scrolled through her contacts.

"Louis, I need to you to talk with Niall. It's urgent" Jacey all but screamed down the phone. 

'