Leave This All To Me

Louis scanned the area as he got into his car. There were a few paps lurking and he wondered if any of them would try to follow him. He slammed the car door shut, adjusted the rear view mirror and pulled away. Only seconds later a few cars appeared behind his, so he grinned to himself. If they wanted to follow then he was more than happy to play 'Follow the leader' with them. He stamped on the gas and shot off, the other cars in hot pursuit. Louis went up and down streets, stopped at a Starbucks for coffee, got back into his car and headed towards the highway as if he was heading back to Donny. He checked carefully behind him but it appeared he had managed to shake off his tail. He shot out at the next exit and turned the car back to London and Simon's house.

When he reached Simon's London home, Louis ,still wary, glanced around carefully to make sure he was still unobserved. The street was deserted , so he slid out of his car and hurried up the steps to Simon's front door. He didn't have to wait long before a barefooted Simon ushered him inside. Simon also scanned the area before closing the door, then turned and studied his young guest carefully.

"Come through to my study, Louis" he said quietly and Louis obediently followed him down a lavish hallway into a surprisingly cosy study where Simon invited him to sit with a wave of his hand at the chairs. Louis sat down and shifted uneasily as Simon poked his head out into the hallway and yelled for someone to bring tea. Simon then shut the door and sat opposite Louis, again studying the young man carefully. "Well, the media do have one thing right" he smiled ruefully "you do look sick and far too thin. Obviously you need some help here"

"Yeah, you've seen the press. They are starting rumours, telling lies and there is no letting up. And every day, the stories get more and more lurid.  I'm not doing the stuff they claim yet even the fans are starting to believe it. Si, Management told me I'd pay and this has all been happening since my little... ah..... fracas with Management. Zayn's getting bashed too but not to the same extent....yet" Louis said quietly as he picked at the skin on his fingers. "I just........" Simon placed a finger over his lips and stood to answer a knock on the door. He took the tray handed to him , closing the door carefully, then placed the tray down before pouring tea for them both.

"Here" he handed Louis a cup then picking up his own, sat down once again " OK, continue"

"None of the others are being targeted , just me. It's pulling me down ,Si. I'm trying to support Niall, be strong for the others and all I'm getting is sh*t from the media. I don't know what to do" Louis raised his eyes to look at Simon who was leaning back in his chair, a slight smile on his lips.

"Louis, you do absolutely nothing whatsoever. Carry on as if nothing is happening. Leave all this to me" Simon said firmly looking Louis in the eyes. "There isn't too much I can do for Zayn but I will try. Just leave it all to me"

"But Simon......." Louis pleaded

"No, like I said, leave it  all to me. Now I suggest you finish your tea, tell me how Niall is doing then go home and get some food and some sleep. Let Uncle Simon deal with this" Louis nodded then put his cup down, standing to leave. Simon sighed quietly as he looked down at the smaller man before pulling him into a hug "It will all work out, Louis. Trust me" He escorted Louis back through the hall, opening the front door then , having  again scanned the area for the paps, let Louis through to his car. Simon stood watching as Louis drove away then closed  his door. He headed briskly back to his study where he sat behind his desk, staring into space for a moment, collecting his thoughts,  before reaching for his phone. Time for payback was about to commence. He grinned as he placed his phone call. Stephen had been a thorn in his side for sometime and there was no way he, Simon, was going to let that man take down Louis. No, that wasn't going to happen, not if he had any say in the matter.

"Just how much of my blood do you need?" Niall said fractiously "I swear you've already taken a pint. Not sure I can spare anymore, Caoimhe  ". Niall's nurse grinned at him as she carefully withdrew the needle from the canula in the back of his hand before labelling the six vials of blood, ready to go to the lab.

"Just be glad I used your canula. You'd feel like a pincushion otherwise" she teased. "Right, now that's done, I just need to weigh you. Hop out of bed for me and stand on the scales, there's a good lad".  Caoimhe frowned as she studied the digital readout on the scales. Niall's weigh was continuing to fall. and he sounded very wheezy as he breathed. She quickly pinned a smile on her face as Niall turned to look at her. "Back into bed with you" she said briskly before herding Niall back into his bed and pulling the bed covers over him. "Now, how about some dinner?"

"Nah, not hungry. I'm tired, I think I'll go to sleep" Niall responded. Hospital food was gross at the best of times and he genuinely felt too tired to even attempt to  eat it.

"Well, maybe later?" she suggested and Niall nodded half heartedly in response. He gave her one of his sweet smiles before rolling onto his side and closing his eyes. Caoimhe  dimmed his lights and left him to sleep. Once she had sent the blood samples down to the lab, she paused to think for a few moments then dialled the extension number for Niall's Consultant Neurologist. Maybe she was  making a mountain out of a molehill, but something just felt off. Oh well, she thought, the worst that can happen is I'll make a fool of myself in front of the Consultant. But then, if I am right.......

"Mr Taylor's Secretary"

"Hello, this is Nurse  Caoimhe  O'Brian  from  the Priory Unit. I'm a bit concerned about one of Mr Taylor's patients, Niall Horan. Would it be possible for Mr Taylor to come to the Unit?

"Yes, certainly. He's in surgery right now but I shall ask him to attend once he is free"

"Thank you. I appreciate that". Caoimhe ended the call then studied Niall's charts  for a few moments only to be brought back to the present by the sound of someone being violently ill.