I'll Foe And I'll Fie

The next day I had English first thing in the morning. It would be my first time to see Roger since I started. I was truly intrigued by his drum playing Sharon had told me about. Turns out my school was very big into music. So big into it that it was compulsory to study and you had to have some sort of musical ability. Unfortunately all I could do was sing. I didn't know if that counted.

I headed into English. We had to study William Shakespeare's The Merchant Of Venice. I looked around for Sharon but she was sitting beside someone else I had never seen. My English teacher Dr Golden welcomed me. Turns out she created a seating plan. "Megan, sit here please, good girl", she said. I was early so I didn't know who would be beside me. I waited for class to start. The bell rang and more people arrived. "Excuse me, you are all late. Don't let it happen again", said Dr Golden to a group of students. "Okay, everyone sit down", she said. My heart raced as Roger approached where I was sitting. To my surprise he sat beside me. I inhaled his scent. He smelled like cinnamon and mint. Strange combination but I liked it. He took out his book and I tried to contain my excitement. Dr Golden left the room. This was my chance. However Roger was thinking the same thing. "Hi, uh, I'm, uh, Roger Taylor, but everyone calls me Roger Meddows" he said, stumbling over his words. He seemed confident yet shy, if that was possible. "Hi, Roger, I'm Megan Michelson, but some people call me Megs, call me what you want I don't mind", I said very quickly. He smiled, showing me his gorgeous smile. I was completely infatuated with this boy. "So, are you interested in music?" He asked. "Yeah, kind of. I can't play anything but I can sing, I suppose", I said. "What about you?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. "Yeah, uh, I play the, uh, the, uh, drums." "Oh cool", I said. Dr Golden returned as I replied. After English I had science. It was so boring. Next French. Roger was in my class. Hopefully we could get talking again. Ms Jean was very excited on having me in her class. "Bonjour, Madame Michelson", she said to me. "Uh, Bonjour, Madme Jean", I replied. "Now, if you would sit..." She said, scanning the room "beside.....Monsieur Meddows Taylor please" I tried to keep my composure as I walked to the back of the class beside him. "Hey, Megs", he said, almost sarcastically. "Hey, Roger, long time no see", I said, trying to show I was easy going.

During the class I was in a daydream when suddenly Roger tapped my shoulder. "Hey, earth to Megs", he said. Wow he wasn't letting that nickname go. "Sorry," I said. "We have to do oral work," Roger said. "So, Comment tu t'appelles?" "Eh, je m'appelles Megan?" I said doubtfully. Suddenly the bell rang and Roger stood up. And I think on the way out he winked at me.

Title came from the song the March of The Black Queen