Now I'm Here

Roger came back from the colleges in London with a piece of paper in his hand and a huge smile on his face. "Hey, how did it go?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. "Take a look at this," he said. I took the paper from his hand. "Looking for a ginger baker/ Mitch Mitchell type drummer," was what it read. I laughed. "That's you alright!" Roger told me the band was called Smile and consisted so far of a man called Tim Staffel and another man called Brian May. The auditions were next week. Roger was so obviously excited.

That night as I got into bed Roger was already asleep. I think his excitement had tired him out. I looked at him as he peacefully slept. His light brown hair, which was getting blonder, fell perfectly around his face and framed it nicely. The top was all tousled and teased from him moving around. His big blue eyes were closed but his lovely long eyelashes were still just as beautiful. He had no shirt on but he wore pyjama bottoms to bed. He had a lily white tummy and chest. I looked at him and felt a wave of happiness. He was so very beautiful and I
loved him so much. I loved him.

The week of his audition came and his excitement had flipped and he was constantly nervous and anxious. I would try to talk to him but he seemed to be in a constant daze. "Hey, Roger?" I asked. No answer. "Roger? Roger? ROGER!?" I ended up raising my voice at him. "Huh? Sorry, love I'm just a bit worried." He said. "Yeah, I get that!" I replied. "Listen, Roger, you have nothing to worry about. You are an amazing drum player. And if you don't impress them with your playing, I'm sure they'll love your personality." I told him, trying to be as supportive as possible."

The day finally came. That night Roger had asked me to come with him. I wasn't sure if I should. This was Rogers career we were talking about. I could distract him and ruin his chances. It obviously meant a lot to him though, so I went with him.

There were 3 other people auditioning. A curly, black haired man and a mid length haired man approached the 3 men and Roger. I stepped back and sat on a chair nearby. "Hi, I'm Brian, this is Tim." The man called Tim waved. Roger and the other 3 were brought into a room in the back. The man called Brian came over to me. "Hey, are you one of their friends or-?" "Uh, yeah, the blonde haired boy, Roger, he's my uh boyfriend." I told him. "Oh well, he might need you there." He said and lead me to the room. Roger was sitting down and another guy was playing drums. Brian sat beside Tim while they examined his playing closely. I thought out of the 3 none of them were really that great. Then Roger sat in front of the kit. He started playing. He played for about a minute and then Tim and Brian stood up and clapped, which they hadn't done for the other men, so they knew they didn't get the job. Roger looked at me and smiled. I felt so proud.

Title came from the song titled Now I'm Here by Queen.