Gonna Die Without It

*That Same Day*
**Rogers POV**

I drove home from the hospital, feeling bad for leaving Megan. I wanted to stay with her but I had to get the kids home. They were worried about their mum but I couldn't do anything about it. I was just as worried. What if this surgery erased everything she ever knew? I would never forgive myself for letting her do it. I had to have faith in the doctor.

I invited the boys over to get me through the night. They said they'd sleep over. Quite frankly, I didn't trust myself to be in a huge house like ours all by myself. I would either end up burning it down or forgetting to lock the door and have someone come in and rob it.

Freddie arrived first. He seemed... different. Tension was still between us after the other day but I wanted to let bygones be bygones. He sat awkwardly at the table as I gave him something to drink. "Thanks," he mumbled. I sat across from him. "Fred, don't beat yourself up over the other day. You were drunk and I should've told you earlier.."

"Oh thank GOD!" He exclaimed with a dramatic sigh. "I thought you hated me Roger.." he said, laughing.

"How could anyone hate you?" I asked, also laughing.

The doorbell rang and I went to get it. It was John. "Roger," he said, the second I opened the door. "I'm so sorry for the other day. I was drunk, I shouldn't have said anything!"

I was surprised. John barely said anything. He was a very shy and quiet young man. This much conversation from him was astounding. He stood waiting for my reply. "Its fine John."

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Good.." he whispered. He was back to himself.

I was about to close the door when I saw Brian coming up the driveway. "Oh Roger, hey." He said.

"Hey Brian." "So what's the story? How is she?"

"I'll tell you all in a minute." I said, letting him in.

We all sat down in the kitchen at the table. "Guys," said Freddie. "This tour... what are we doing about it?"

I heard John sigh. "Can we talk about this another day. I've got a lot going on at home, with the kids so I want to spend as much time with them as possible."

"What's going on John?" I asked.

"Oh nothing." Typical of John. He never opened up.

"Okay... well, we can't cancel it. You all know that. Each tour usually goes swimmingly so we have nothing to worry about," said Freddie.

"Fred, wait. What about Roger, what's he going to do. Megan's still sick right?"

They all looked at me. "Uhh.. well, guys. Listen. Megan's having surgery either tonight or tomorrow. It's to bring back her memory but it's got its risks. Such as..... loss of all memory."

"All memory?!" Exclaimed Freddie.

I nodded. "Its so risky and I'm worried about her. Lads, the last thing I need to be thinking about is a tour!"

Brian patted my hand sympatheticly. "So, should we postpone?" He asked.

"No no absolutely not!" I said. I didn't want the guys to feel bad for me. I downed a glass of vodka. I felt bad doing it. I didn't drink in front of Megan anymore because she hated it.

The night went on and we avoided the topic of the tour at all costs. Freddie was pissed and started talking about bicycles.

"Did you all see the Tour De France?" He asked.

We all laughed. "No we didn't," I said.

"Well, its like a bicycle race. It's very very very very very..... what was I saying?"

We laughed. "You should write a song about it," Brian said, laughing.

"Maybe I will!"

It started to get late and I went to get beds ready for the guys. I got the two spare rooms all set up for them. "Uh, so Fred do you want to sleep with John?" I asked.

"Nah... Johns too innocent. I prefer to sleep with people who are wild like me."

"Freddie! I mean sleep in the same room as him!"

"Ohhh. I'll just sleep downstairs."

I handed him a blanket and he headed down the stairs. I went back into my room. Suddenly I heard a loud thud. I ran down the stairs and saw Freddie lying at the bottom of them, his body all twisted and his leg bent in a weird position. I didn't know what to do. "Uhhhh... Brian!!?"

Brian came down the stairs. "What's wro- oooh that looks sore. We need to get him to A and E."

"I've had enough of that bloody hospital!" I exclaimed.

"Come on, get John and help him up."

"John!!" I called. He came downstairs with us.

"On the count of three.... one.. two.. THREE!"

We carried Freddies limp body from the house and into my car. I drove while John sat in the back with Freddie draped across his legs. I could see him wincing in the mirror. "What's up John?" I asked.

"His leg looks.... disgusting." He whispered.

"Why what's wrong with it?" Brian asked.

"The bone is sticking out..."

I looked at Brian. He was looking at me. I started to drive faster. I knew the way to the hospital like the back of my hand.

We arrived outside and I ran into the reception and asked for help. Two doctors ran out with a stretcher and John and Brian unloaded Freddies body from the car and onto it.

They ran in with Freddie on the bed and we all strolled behind. We stood outside the emergency room because none of us could look at him without nearly throwing up. His leg was disgusting looking.

John, Brian and I all sat in the waiting room. "Why do we always end up here?" I asked. "No idea." Replied Brian.

The doctor came out and we all went over. "Your friends upper tibia is fractured so we'll need to put it back in and he'll be in a plaster for about 6 weeks." He told us, going back into the room. We all started to walk back. I wanted to go up to Megan but she was probably in surgery at this moment. The thought of her having an operation made me shiver, I felt like curling up and crying. I always stayed strong for her... but I didn't know if I could... not this time.