Boy You Don't Know What She's Doing To Me

A few months had passed since Radio GaGa went to number one and Roger was still on a high. He was always in a good mood, always laughing and enjoying life to the full. He deserved to be happy after all he had gone through and specifically all I had put him through.

Even though Roger forgave me, I had never forgiven myself. I couldn't sleep sometimes thinking about the pain I caused him.

Still, he had moved on and I figured I should do the same. There were more important things in life than holding grudges.

Because of Queen's colossal success, the public recognition Roger got had reached a whole new level. He couldn't really walk down the street without getting recognised and he really didn't mind it. He loved the fame and success, and I was happy for him.

That was, until it started affecting our private lives. First of all, our address somehow became public knowledge, and we were forced to put massive gates outside our house along with security cameras. Eventually the fans became slowly disinterested and went off somewhere else.

However, I started to notice that Luke, our six year old son, was becoming increasingly more anxious. He was almost scared of Roger being famous and I could kind of see where he was coming from. The fans could be volatile and we had never experienced anything like it before.

A few weeks after the fans disappeared from our house, Luke came home from school one day, frightened.

"What's wrong, honey?" I asked him, kneeling down and holding his face.

"Nothing, mummy," he replied, looking to the ground.

I frowned slightly and decided not to pry.

"Okay, well, take off your school bag and I'll make you some lunch," I said standing up.

Luke took off his bag but when he did, his shirt rolled up and I noticed a faint bruise on his tummy.

"Luke, what's that bruise from?" I asked, now concerned.

"Hmm? Oh, I... fell," he told me.

"Alright..." I said, not convinced and left him alone after that.

That night I went into Aidan's room and asked him a favour.

"Aidan, honey, will you keep an eye on Luke in school tomorrow. I'm just a bit worried about him," I said.

"Sure, mum. Oh, by the way I saw some older kids pushing him around the other day and I helped him out, I think he might be getting bullied," Aidan told me.

"Oh no, my poor baby. Listen, just keep an eye out for him tomorrow, okay and if anything else happens, let me know. Goodnight, sweetheart," I said before kissing his head and closing his bedroom door.

That night, my stomach was churning. I felt terrified for Luke. Being bullied is the worst feeling in the world, especially in school when your parents aren't there to protect you. If I heard anymore about these older kids hurting my baby, I would not hesitate to give them a piece of my mind.

I got into bed beside Roger who was writing on a piece of paper covered in scribbles.

"Hey babes, how was your day?" He asked me. I hadn't seen him all day because he was working.