So Sad, Her Eyes

The next day was the concert, and when I woke up and looked to my right I saw Roger wasn't in bed beside me. I saw the duvet cover had been thrown over, so I immediately assumed he was in pain, or a rush.

I slowly eased out of bed, not wanting to wake the kids. I watched them as I got out to make sure they didn't wake up. Elly was asleep, but her hand was over her eye, as if she had been in pain.

I went over to the bathroom and walked in and saw Roger having a shower. I yelped and closed the door again. I heard Roger turn the water off and open the creaky shower door.

"Come in!" He said from inside. "Nothing you haven't seen before." And I heard a little giggle.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were in the shower.." I said, quickly.

"It's alright." He replied, not seeming too phased by it

"How's your stomach today?" I asked, as I watched him wrap his towel around his waist.

"You know what? I wasn't even thinking of it. It's absolutely perfect, no problem with it whatsoever."

He had a pearly white smile plastered across his face, and all the emotions I had been holding in, from watching him squirm and cry and be completely weak, finally erupted in the form of tears down my cheeks.

Of course, there were extremely happy tears there too, from Rogers happy smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked, trying to hide the fact I was crying.

Roger looked up at me.

"Hey, hey..." he cooed, walking over to me.

"Why are you crying?"

"I don't know.. I.. I care about you a lot..." I choked on the lump in my throat and put my head down.

"I know, I know you do.... shhhhh." Roger said, enveloping me in the warmth of his body and I put my face in his chest.

"There's something else bothering you isn't there..?" He asked, gently pulling me off him so he could look at me.

"Well... I suppose I'm worried about Elly." I said, wiping my eyes.

"Why? She's tough."

"Roger. She's sick of this. She's tired. This isn't fair on her. You don't know this but every night I go into her room and hug her while she sobs and sobs about how much pain she's in."

"Why didn't you tell me this?" He asked.

"Cause she asked me not to. She doesn't want you to worry about her. She doesn't want the attention. Only sometimes it gets too much and she can't handle it."

Roger processed and looked at the ground.

"Look... I'm not saying your judgement is wrong... but are you sure you're okay? Are you certain you're able to go on stage tonight?" I asked.

"Positive." Roger replied.

I nodded slowly.

"You worry too much." He told me, almost smiling.

"I know.."

"There's no need. I'm fine. You know I am." And then the smile came again. Seeing his mouth turned up in a grin was all I needed to keep me sane.

Later in the day I brought the kids to the Forum to watch the guys rehearsing one last time before the actual concert.

"Where do I buy our tickets?" I asked Roger as he was finishing up.

"No need. Just keep the kids backstage and it'll be fine." He told me.

I saw he was shaking a bit.

"Nervous?" I asked.

"Kinda."

"Don't be. You're well able for this. You're the perfect person for it. You'll kill this." I told him and he pulled me onto his lap and hugged me.

"What are you wearing tonight?" I asked.

"That shirt you bought me and I think Freddie got me one of those neckerchief thingies. But I can't tie it on myself."

"Want me to help you?"

And like a little child he nodded.

I stood up and he turned around on the chair and pulled the neckerchief from his pocket and handed it to me.

I pushed his hair out of the way as I fixed the neckerchief on his neck, adjusting it and finally tying it in a knot at the back.

He spun around and kissed my cheek.

"Thanks." He mumbled and we stood up and walked over to the rest of the guys who were busy in hair and makeup.

"Hey, babe," Roger said to me. "Why don't you take the kids back to the hotel room, and I'll give you a call when it's all ready?"

"Um.... alright. See you later."

I took the kids by the hand and brought them back to the hotel room, a bit confused. All of us were.

"Mummy," asked Aidan. "Why did we come back here?"

"I don't know. Dad said to so..."

Eventually the phone in the hotel room started ringing and it was Roger.

"We're all ready now so you can come down."

With that, I brought the kids back to the Forum, completely confused as to why Roger asked us to leave.

The kids ran off to the Deacon kids and sat on the floor, when I felt Roger pull me over.

"I'm so sorry about that, it's just I could see Freddie out of the corner of my eye, he was beating up his personal assistant... I didn't want the kids to see him so...angry."

"Is he alright now?"

Roger replied by pointing at Freddie, who was sitting on a chair, a white towel on his head, mumbling something.

"Is he able to perform?" I asked.

Roger gave a quick nod, kissed my head and went off, as the band had a last minute rehearsal to do.

Just then, Chrissie, Brian's wife, whom I hadn't seen for about three years walked in.

I felt a wave of panic as I saw her. God knows what she thought of me.

She walked straight by me, and surprisingly gave me a quick nod.

I stood, dumbfounded. This was not going to be very pleasant.

Brian saw her and gave her a huge hug, spinning her around. He then grabbed her hand and pulled her over towards me and I gave her a wave.

"Megan! Look, Chrissie is here!" Brian said, excitedly.

"Hello, Chrissie," I said. "Long time no see."

"Yes. Not exactly my fault. What with you abandoning Roger and all.."

"What?" I shrieked.

"Chrissie!" Brian scolded.

She lifted her head a bit and walked away.

"Megan, I am so sorry. When Roger moved to Germany, he spoke... harshly of you. I think he may have turned Chrissie against you." Brian said.

"It's fine." I whispered.

Just then a large bell rang throughout the backstage of the Forum and Brian patted my arm quickly.

"Gotta go!" He said, and ran off.

I looked to my right and saw Chrissie, with her arms folded, giving me the dirtiest look I had ever seen.