Body's Aching All The Time

Even after a short week of school I was still glad when the weekend arrived. I had some homework and extra study but not enough to complain about. Myself and Sharon had decided to go to the record store on Saturday so I got ready at 2 o'clock. My hair was reasonably short so I didn't really do anything with it. I always wore my hair in a side part since that's how its cut to fall, I brushed through it and I was done. I ate breakfast and talked to Lee. "So how has school been for you?" I asked him. "Not too bad, hate the teachers though," he said. After breakfast I brushed my teeth and went to my room to decide what to wear. It was mid March so it was quite cold. I put a long sleeved stripy top on and some dark jeans. I wore Chuck Taylor's on my feet and a long neclace with a heart at the end. I went to the bathroom to put my contacts in since I am short sighted. I was aggravated when I found that I had ran out of contacts, of course. I hated my glasses. I only wore them when it was really nessecary, like today. They were dark purple and they made me look older, however I didn't like the shape of them. I had to make do and wear them. After I got ready I waited outside my house for Sharon. After about 15 minutes she arrived and we headed off together. "So I was thinking we could go to a few shops and maybe something to eat afterwards?" She said. She could be loud and giddy at times but other times she was very mature and practical. That side of her, I liked. I liked both sides of her though. "Sounds great!" I said.

We went to a record shop called 'Sound' and browsed through the endless amounts of records. Although I liked to sing, I wasn't big on music. No bands at the time were that good, in my opinion. The Beatles weren't really that big in Ireland at the time so they weren't a big part of my life. After the record shop we went to a few clothes shops and random souvenir shops and finally for something to eat. I ordered a burger and some chips. As myself and Sharon talked about school and my journey to getting Roger to like me, who walks into the restaurant only Roger himself. He was holding a young girls hand. She was about eight. "Hey Megs, how are you?" He asked after he saw me. "Hi Roger, I'm good thanks, how are you?" "I'm good, this is my sister Clare, Clare say hi to Megan and...Sharon isn't it?" "Hi," she said quietly. "Do you want to sit with us?" Asked Sharon. "Oh yeah sure thanks," said Roger. We all sat together for about an hour before Roger announced that he had to go home. As he was walking out the door he turned to me. "Hey, uh, Megan, would you maybe mind coming over to mine tomorrow to help me with the French. See, you seem to be better at it than me. And maybe English as well if that's okay?" "Yeah, okay, where do you live?" He pulled a pen from his pocket and a napkin off the desk and wrote down his address and telephone number. "See you then!" He said as he walked out. "Yeah, bye," Sharon said. "Can you believe this? Oh my God, you have to kiss him tomorrow, it will be so nice!" Said Sharon. "Hang on Sharon , I've only known him for like three days so that won't happen," I said while laughing, although deep down it didn't seem like a bad idea......

Title came from Bohemian Rhapsody.