Crazy Little Thing Called Love

April 5th 1973

With 2 months until the wedding to go, I had to get to know Mary, and fast. She was in one of my classes and I sat no where near her. One day I decided to sit a few seats away from her. There turned out to be no one sitting beside her when class started so I sat in the seat next to her. "Hello, I'm Megan." I said. "Hello, I'm Mary." She said smiling. It turned out the teacher wasn't going to show up so we talked for the whole class about ambitions and life and our background. She was quiet at first but it only took her a little while to become comfortable around me. I invited her to our house for lunch. Roger wasn't home so it was just me and her. "So Mary are you seeing anyone?" I asked. "Nope!" She laughed. "You?" She asked and then noticed my ring. "Well obviously you are!" She laughed. "I think I know someone who would suit you if you're interested?" I said. "No harm in giving it a go." She said. "His name is Freddie by the way, I'll introduce him to you next week after class." I said. "Sounds great." She replied. We spent the rest of lunch talking and getting to know each other better. She was so kind. She never spoke one bad word about anyone. She was very beautiful as well. I knew Freddie would love her.

April 12th 1973

I collected Mary at 2.30 like we had planned. She seemed quite nervous. I tried to calm her by saying that Freddie was very easy going and very kind, just watch out for him calling her darling, to which she laughed. We reached Freddies house. Roger was already there. I introduced her to Freddie and the two of them hit it off perfectly. Even though Mary was shy like Chrissie, she fit Freddie a lot better than Chrissie did. They complimented each other in the sense that there was a contrast between them which was very nice. Turns out Freddie would have a date for the wedding after all.

May 31st 1973

Freddie and Mary spent all day every day together. They were inseparable. I thought it was very cute and I thought Freddie deserved his happiness. Only happiness was not present in our home. The stress of the wedding and the release of the album was taking Roger over. There was only 5 days until the wedding. I was nervous also but Roger was a wreck. He wasn't sleeping because he was trying to write vows and lyrics at the same time. I wouldn't have been surprised if he started saying lyrics in the middle of the vows he was that jumbled up. I was trying to relax him, terrified he was getting cold feet. But that wasn't it. It was the stress and pressure on him. I wasn't sure how long he would last.

June 4th 1973
*The day before the wedding*

I woke up early and Roger was gone.