Love Walks Through Walls

January 31st 1973

We had started planning our wedding. We had decided the date of June 5th 1973. We decided to get married in truro since that's where we both grew up. My parents left truro the year after I graduated and moved back to Ireland so they were happy to be going back. I asked Sharon to be my bridesmaid, and she was delighted to do so. I decided to ask a girl from my college named Chrissie to be my bridesmaid as well. I had become great friends with her in recent times. She also said yes. Roger obviously asked the three boys, Brian, Freddie and John to be his groomsmen. I asked his sister Clare to be my last bridesmaid so there would be a balance. I was so excited to be marrying Roger and I was sure that he was too. He was always pointing out colour schemes and wedding dresses he saw in town to me. He was so enthusiastic and I loved it.

Roger and I were so close. Everything bad that happened to us made us stronger. We were always cuddling and sitting close together, kissing and making love everyday. I expected the proposal to make us closer but I never dreamed of us being this close. Every night we would get into bed to sleep but Roger seemed to find me irresistible so we would always end up making love. Every single night. And I loved it. Every morning I would wake up and Roger would wake up shortly after me and come up behind me, wrap his arms around my waist and whisper something along the lines of "last night was incredible" or "I love you, my darling." He always knew how to make me smile. And that was the cycle of my life. We would do that everyday. Wake up and kiss and hug, go to work, come home, dinner, talking, bed, bed ending up in sex. I was worried it would wear off but it never did.

One night in particular I came home but I was exhausted. Roger was expecting our usual extraordinary sex, but I disappointed him by falling asleep the second I got home. School was really wearing on me. The planning and thinking about the wedding was making me lose concentration and my fabulous but exhausting sex life was taking its toll on me. I hoped Roger could do without it for one night. Only he seemed to becoming addicted to it. He was expecting it. I could usually deliver only this night in particular I couldn't and I felt guilty. I went to bed at 4 in the afternoon that night and woke at 7. When I came downstairs Roger had a beautiful meal prepared, the room was dark and candles were lit and he had soft music playing. "I hope you had a good sleep, fianceé!" He said, laughing. I sat down at the table and we started eating. As we ate we talked about Queen and their upcoming album simply called Queen. Roger wanted to release it in July after the wedding. I thought it was a nice idea. When we finished eating we sat on the couch and cuddled. "Babe, I noticed you're very tired. Do you want a massage or something?" He asked. It sounded good so I agreed. He rubbed my back and tummy and legs and feet and I felt very relaxed. He was great at massages. When he was done he carried me upstairs and put me in bed. "Roger?" I asked. "Yeah?" "Can we make love?" "Do you want to?" He asked. "Yeah, I do." I said and I meant it. "No, you're too tired, you need to sleep." I sat up. "Honestly Roger, I'm not tired anymore, please. We can't break the streak." I said winking. With that Roger took his white shirt and dark trousers off and I took my pyjamas off. He kissed me and rubbed my stomach slowly. "Lets try something different." He said seductively. Instead of him on top of me with my legs around his waist, we decided to put my legs on his shoulders. It was complicated at first but then it became fantastic. He thrusted into me, making my heart skip a beat. He made me reach my climax and I screamed out. He got off me and kissed my stomach. He did it with such care. He went down to my privates and kissed that area. I felt a surge of pleasure and I moaned loudly. Eventually we went back to the ordinary way we always did it, my legs around his waist. I moaned one last time and Roger kissed me all over. "Megan, I love you so much, I love you, you are my world." He said between breaths. That was the best it had ever been. We both fell asleep very happy that night.

Title came from Don't Lose Your Head