You Used To Be A Stranger

The next day I was packing all of our things up in a huff. The last thing I wanted to do was move.

I stopped packing and went over to our bedroom window, watching the busy city below me.

I couldn't believe Roger could be so selfish. We we finally happy here, finally free from our past. I promised to support him through whatever he decided but it was starting to take it's toll on me. 

I closed my eyes and felt myself drifting away as the world continued around me. The busy streets of Munich could not be stopped. I would miss it greatly.

I checked the time. Myself and Aidan had a concert to go to soon. 

I didn't care if Roger approved. He certainly never sought my approval before making hasty decisions like moving. 

I went into Aidan's room and told him to get ready before going downstairs and getting some dinner ready for Roger, Elly and Luke while we were gone.

Roger was sitting in the kitchen, tapping his fingers against the table whilst drinking tea. His baby blue eyes were tired looking.

"So... me and Aidan have to head off in a minute. But I'll prepare some dinner for you and the kids, okay?" I said.

"Don't bother." He mumbled. 

"Roger what is your problem?" I asked, raising my voice.

"I'm just annoyed. You make me feel like I've done terrible things sometimes. I simply asked you to move again. What's so terrible about that?" He asked. 

"Listen to yourself! You're asking me to pack up all our stuff and move away again. Even though we're just getting settled here. Why can't you just go alone? There's no need to drag up along too when you're going to have to come home after the album anyway."

"I want my family there with me though." He said, looking up at me.

I sighed. "Is it even a good idea? Us together?"

"What are you suggesting?" Roger asked, frowning.

"I don't know.... but don't you find that we fight nearly all the time now? Is it just me who's getting tired of this constant circle of being angry at each other and then loving each other?"

"But Megan.... I love you.. all the time. Even when we fight I don't stop." He told me, standing up. 

What he said sent a pang of guilt through my heart.

"Me too.... but I want you to make your album... without worrying about arguments with me." I said.

Roger rolled his eyes and walked away. 

"That sounds like a load of bullshit to make me agree to whatever it is you have in mind. If you want to end this just bloody say it!" He shouted.

"I don't! I just...."

"Don't love me anymore?" He suggested. 

"That's not what I said." I mumbled. 

"Is there someone else?" Roger questioned. 

"No!" I answered. 

"Then why is that what is feels like? I'm stuck with this feeling that you're.. bored. You're sick of us.. this life. I worry that you regret marrying me..." Roger explained.

"Roger!" I said, surprised. "No, I.... could never."

Roger's face turned from hurt to hurtful. 

"What bothers me is that you're making me feel like I'm the reason this marriage is crumbling." He said, through gritted teeth. 

"What... What's the reason?" I asked, full of confusion.