The Land That Our Grandchildren Knew

Authors Note: I'm very sorry about the massive time skip but if I kept going at the rate I was, this book would never get finished.~ QueenIsLife13

*Megan's POV**
April 10th 1974
*9 months pregnant*

Queen had released their debut album. Unfortunately it wasn't a massive success, which made Roger disappointed. He had put a lot of effort into it. However they had released a second album called "Queen II" that did much better in the charts. Roger even sang lead vocals on one of the songs called "The Loser In The End" which was about him leaving his home. Queen even got on Top Of The Pops. Roger didn't really like the whole experience because they had to lipsync and pretend to play their instruments but it did sell records so they couldn't really complain.

My due date was the 12th of April 1974. We decided to find out the genders of the babies. We were going to be having a boy and a girl. Myself and Roger were very excited about it. Brian and Roger hadn't properly made up yet. They still worked toghether but they weren't as close as they used to be. Brian kissing me really bothered Roger, it bothered him so much that he stopped talking to Brian for a few days. They really enjoyed being in Queen so they decided to stay friends for the sake of the band.

I had a checkup the next day. Dr Hardy did another scan to see the babies' growth. "Hello, Megan, how are you today?" He asked. "I'm great thank you and you?" As I looked at the scanner machine I noticed that the babies had gotten very big, as did my tummy. "Okay Megan, by the looks of the scan it seems the babies nearly ready to be delivered. Do you want a c section or a natural birth?" "Natural birth." I said. I didnt want to have a massive scar on my stomach forever. "Alright well go home get some supplies, clothes, whatever you need, tell your husband, you can stay overnight until you go into labour." Said Dr Hardy.

I went home to get some clothes, some baby supplies and then I rang Roger. He didn't pick up. I heard a loud knock at the door. When I opened it a small brown haired woman was standing there. "Hi is Roger here?" She asked. "Uh no, who are you?" I asked. "Oh my name is Katie, me and Roger have known each other for a while." She said. She looked very familiar but I couldn't figure out where I'd seen her before. "Well sorry Katie, he's not here at the moment I'll tell him you called." I said. "Is he seeing anyone or....?" She asked. "Uh yeah, me, we're married now.." I said. "Oh okay, don't tell him I called." She told me walking away. Suddenly she walked into Roger who was coming into the house. "Roger! Hi it's Katie, remember me?" She said hugging him. Roger looked confused. "No?" Said Roger. Katie whispered something in his ear. He closed his eyes when she was finished. "Katie I'm going to have to ask you to leave now please." He said. "But Roger, that's part of the deal, it's not a one time thing, not for us...." she said. "Can I ask who are you?" I said. "I'm Katie." She said. "I know that, but how do you know Roger?" She was about to tell me but Roger did it himself. "Honey," he said, coming over to me and looking me straight in the eyes. "You're not going to be very happy about this, but Katie, well....she's the girl....that I cheated on you with, I'm sorry. She's a hooker, she doesn't mean anything to me." He said. "You're the girl who was fucking my boyfriend that time?!" I shouted at her. "Hey I didnt know he was seeing anyone! You slapped me, remember?" She said. "Yeah I do now! And you deserved it!" I said. "Get out of my house now!" She left. "Megan, I'm sorry, I didn't think she would come back here, honestly!" Roger said. "Roger, you shouldn't have been with her anyways." I said, sighing. "It doesn't matter now, it's over." I said. Roger gave me a hug. "By the way the doctor said the babies are nearly ready to be born." I said. "Oh my God! I can't wait!" He said excited, running around the house and picking up clothes and other supplies. When he was done he said: "let's go have our babies now!"