The Proposal (Baz's POV)

Hi there! I just wanted to let you know before I start this that you may see another proposal one shot from me in the future. This one is from Baz's POV (and Baz is the one proposing) but I already have some alternate proposal ideas! Thank you so much for reading if you have!! <3

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, slow down!" I hear Simon shout behind me. I try to slow down a little bit but I can't. "What has gotten in to you? What's wrong?" He finally catches up to me and grabs my shoulder, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"I'm fine. I know I'm making you worry. But please just follow me," I say as soothingly as I possibly can. I quickly kiss him, grab his hand, and continue walking.

I can't believe that this day has finally come. Ever since I decided to do this today, I haven't been able to control my emotions. It's no wonder Simon must be so terrified. I know that he's heard me crying in the bathroom a few times already this week. What he doesn't know is that they're happy tears. The happiest tears I could ever muster, actually.

As soon as I can see the tree, I tear up. I'm trying terribly hard to draw them back in or Simon will only worry more. Of all places, I've taken him back to Watford. As important as Watford is to me, it will never be more important to me than this exact spot.

We've finally reached it. I stop, feeling Simon's sweaty hand in mine and taking a deep sigh. Okay. Here goes nothing.

"Sit." I motion towards the patch of grass directly underneath the grand oak tree that we're standing next to.

"Oooo-kayyyy..." Simon speculates as he sits down. I can't believe he hasn't figured it out yet.

I take a seat next to my boy friend and dive right it.

"So. Sweetie." He smiles grandly. "This spot will forever mean the world to me. In our very first day here at Watford, moving in day, I was taking some boxes up to our room when I passed this tree. Of course I had no idea who my roommate was yet, but being the audacious child that I was, I had already picked a side of the room and had gotten to work." We both chuckle.

"Anyway, I passed this tree. I had two boxes in my arms and I was walking fairly quickly. I just so happened to look over and I saw a gangly, curly haired, puny little dude standing under this exact tree. He was wearing god awful cargo pants and a baggy graphic t-shirt, popping his chewing gum, and bouncing his stupid little bouncy ball. Absolutely entranced by this boy, I tripped over a rock and very nearly dropped all of my boxes." Tears are overflowing in both of our eyes now. He knows now, surely.

"I quickly hid my face in my shirt and practically sprinted as fast as I could up to the room. Later on, I was putting my clothes away in the wardrobe when someone came in to the room. I whipped around. And there you were. I recognized you right away... in a way, I still believe that I knew that you were the one from the moment I saw you,"

I stop to take a deep breath and wipe away my tears. I look over and Simon's face is wet and his eyes are dripping. I take my thumb and wipe away his tears as well. When I finish, I intertwine our fingers and continue.

"Si, I was dumbstruck from the instant I met you. If the fact that I fell for you when you were wearing cargo pants doesn't say something then I don't know what will." We both break in to laughter briefly before I continue.

"Holding it in was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. For years, I pretended that I despised you. I was terrified that one wrong move would reveal how deeply I loved you. I'm not looking for pity here, but, Crowley, was I frustrated and... just angry. I knew I couldn't truly be happy until I had you but... I was stupid and young and just...stupid," I sigh. "But, hey, let's get to the good stuff, yeah?" I squeeze Simon's hand tight and stretch out my legs.

"The day of our first kiss. Let's talk about that. The whole time leading up to that moment, I simply couldn't shake the thought that I was going to die before I ever got to tell you just how much I love you. I was so ready to give up on life but you pulled me right back in to it. Sometimes I think about what would have happened if you hadn't have kissed me that day. Let me tell you, Si. It's awful. So, just in case I never told you, good call on that one," I jokingly nudge him with my elbow. Tears are streaming down his face again but this time I don't wipe them away. I have to do this.

"Okay, I'm drawing this out. What I'm trying to say is that you actually saved me. You saved me from wallowing away in my own misery and forever wishing that I had just had the guts to tell you how I felt. I love you more than words can ever describe, Simon. Even though it's kind of a given at this point, I want to spend the rest of my life with you... I just realized how that sounds coming from a vampire..." He smiles a wet smile and giggles gently.

"Well, Snow. Here we go." I fiddle with a velvety box in the pocket of my coat and slowly rise up to one knee. Simon is practically in hysterics now.

"Simon Snow. The love of my life. The only one for me. My soul mate. Mr. Chosen One," I joke.

"Will you marry me?"

A deafening silence takes the place of any words for a few moments. Simon suddenly gets up and tackles me in a bear hug. We rock back and forth, slowly, until I hear the words, "Of course I will, you blimmin' idiot."

I heave a sob and hug him even tighter. We pull back eventually. His stunning blue eyes are staring back at me, overflowing with tears and teeming with joy.

"I love you so much," Simon squeezes in before slamming his lips in to mine. This is one of my favorite things about our relationship. We make every kiss count as if it's our last.

Eventually, we grow tired and stretch out in the grass and watch the sunset.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that," I mumble airily as we lye there. There's a silence for a moment, before Simon whispers in my ear.

"Not a romantic my ass, Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch-soon to be Snow."