The Fight (Part 2)

Hello again. :) 

This is part two of my fic from yesterday, so be sure to read that one first. Thanks for the read!! <3

------------------------------------------------------------------

Baz's POV

We wake up at the same time. We started doing that about a week after we moved in together. It's almost ridiculous how much we've blended together over time. The two of us stretch out our tired bones and rub the sleep out of our puffy eyes. Somehow in our fitful night of sleep, we managed to push all of the couch cushions to the carpet. Neither of us bothers to pick them up. After sitting there for a few minutes, I'm the first to break the silence.

"Morning," I murmur. Simon gives a small hum in response. "Coffee?" I ask.

He nods and follows me to the kitchen. Simon leans against the counter as I begin to brew coffee, the enticing aroma filling the kitchen. I make Simon's first, just the way he likes it. A splash of cream and a heaping spoon of sugar.

"Thanks," Simon mutters as I hand him the steaming mug, burying his face behind it.

By the time I take my first sip, I can't hold it in anymore.

"So... can we talk about last night?"

Simon shrugs.

"What's there to talk about? I already said that we're going to be okay..."

"Simon," I stare at him, as if trying to burn a hole in his skin. "You don't have to settle. It's obvious that we're not okay right now. This isn't normal for us."

"What? We're just having coffee!" Simon raises his voice slightly, defensively.

"So this is normal? We haven't so much as touched each other, let alone shown affection towards each other, in over twelve hours. That's not okay."

Simon puts his mug down on to the counter and pokes me on the arm.

"There."

I glare at him. How old is this boy?

"Alright, fine. If we're normal right now..." I ponder. "Kiss me."

"What?"

"Kiss me. If you're not upset with me anymore, kiss me. Prove it." I cross my arms over my chest. Simon fidgets with his hands for a few seconds before rolling his eyes.

"Fine, you win. I'm not going to kiss you right now because I'm still upset. But, dear god, Baz. What's your problem? Now you're just being an ass and making things worse. I'm the one who has any right to be angry right now." His voice is monotone and edgy. It's so unlike him that I almost feel like the man that I'm talking to isn't my boyfriend.

"Okay. Point taken. I am being a bit of a prick right now. But... alright. I'm going to be completely honest with you. That's what you want, right?" I lean on the opposite counter and watch Simon nod his head up and down. "Okay. Then here it goes. I'm being an absolute wank right now because this is killing me. It's killing me that I hurt you. I love you more than I ever thought that I could love something. If I were to lose you that would just be the end of me. I'd be done. You've just given me so much that it just kills me that I may not give that back to you 100% of the time. I feel like I owe you my entire existence just because you've made my life bearable. You coming in to my life was like the light flickering on. I can't live in the dark again. I can't. So there. That's why it's so damn hard for me to cope with the fact that I hurt you." By the time I finish, both of our eyes are brimming with tears. In mere moments, Simon crumbles in to my arms, clutching my sweater in his fists.

"God, how do you do that?" He mutters through his broken voice. I smile for the first time in too long.

"I could go on for hours, love." I press my lips in to the top of his head.

"Ugh. You're so sappy," Simon giggles in to my chest.

"What can I say?" A stupidly large grin spreads across my face. "You bring it out in me."

Simon peers up at me. For a moment, I think that he's going to kiss me. But instead...

"See what I mean? You're literally straight out of some ooey-gooey romcom, Baz. It's becoming a problem, honestly."

I playfully thump him on the back and we break in to giggles. The two of us stand in the kitchen for an incomprehensible amount of time, clutching each other as if we'll never let go. We're only making up for all of the time that we lost.