Baz's Journal

Hello lovelies! This is one of the unfinished fics from a previous chapter that I've now finished. It turned out nice. I'm a fan. :) Well I'm going to go back to reading fanfics and scrolling tumblr now. I had to have blood drawn this morning and my mom let me ditch school. Fun times. 

(Also, if you haven't yet, please go check out my other Snowbaz story that's told through songs! https://www.wattpad.com/story/64556945 Thanks!)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's POV

How do we let this place become such a pit?

I've just gotten around to cleaning Baz's and my bedroom (even though I haven't done anything else productive for the past week and a half) and it's honestly insane how messy we let it get. Baz should be home in about an hour, so I thought that I would surprise him with a tidy bedroom when he gets here.

I start in the closet. There's clothing strewn about and shoes lying in piles. As I'm organizing and vacuuming, there's a massive suit case that keeps getting in my way. I have no clue why Baz insisted on keeping it when we moved in together considering that the farthest either of us travel from home is the grocery store, but the thing has just been sitting in here gathering dust and taking up space for long enough. I get fed up and throw it to the side. I hear a tiny thump.

There's something in the case.

I fumble my way over the piles of shoes to get to where it landed and blow off the dust before slowly unzipping it. There in front of my eyes in the case is a battered moleskin journal. I stare at it in wonderment for a few moments before slowly grabbing at it. I open up to a random page and decipher the slightly sloppy calligraphy in front of me.

I just walked in on Snow in nothing but his boxers. Fuck, I can barely breathe. Is that boy trying to kill me?

My eyes widen as soon I realize what this is. This must be Baz's old journal from when we were at Watford. I don't know if I should. But I really want to. I turn the page.

That's it. That is IT. I am so fed up with this game. All I want to do is grab him and bite and kiss him and –

I slam the book closed. This feels so wrong. I start to put it back but stop in my tracks before getting too far. I flip through the dusty and wrinkled pages until I reach the page. The date at the top is the one that changed my life permanently in the best possible way. I sit down on the floor, leaning against the bed, and begin.

It happened. He fucking kissed me. And I... well, I fucking kissed him back. Of course I did. Never in my entire life have things felt absolutely PERFECT before. Never. But when I was kissing him, everything else just stopped for a few minutes. This fucking war, the frustration, the pain, the self loathing. It all came to a crashing halt just for that moment – just so that I could finally have the perfect moment that I've dreamt of for the past seven years. It felt like flames. Dancing, beautiful, burning flames. Somehow, I know that today was only the beginning. The first day of the rest of my life. No, the rest of OUR life. Yeah. I like that. It makes my chest warm and my fingers tingle. Well, one thing's for sure. I'm hopelessly, utterly, unfathomably, in love with –

"What are you doing?"

The sudden voice startles me and the words on the page blur as I whip my head up to see Baz in the doorway. The words catch in my throat and I'm left to sit there, dripping with tears, my mouth hanging open. Baz's face gradually softens. Soon enough, he's sitting on the floor next to me, using his thumbs to rub away my tears. When he's done, he simply sits there staring at me. He's waiting for me to say something.

"I- I found your –"

"I know." He interrupts my stuttering.

"Are you mad at me for reading it?" I ask, biting my lip.

"No. I can never stay mad at you for too long," He grabs my hand, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles. "Though I am a bit disappointed that I have to come up with a new plan though."

"What plan?" I ask, confusedly.

"Well, Snow. You just read what was going to be my future wedding vow. Why rewrite what's still true, am I right?"

And then he kisses me. It still feels like flames.