Missing You

Hi there! This one is set when Baz got back to Watford but Simon didn't come with him. Enjoy! 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Baz's POV

I miss him so much.

Being back at Watford just doesn't feel right without Simon here. I feel like there's something huge missing. It's like I left one of my limbs behind. It only gets worse when I get to the room that we shared for seven years. With his half of the room empty, all of this feels pointless. It's like...I'm here. But...why am I here anymore?

The first thing that I bother to do is unpack my backpack that Simon packed for me. All of my stuff is still here so I can hardly imagine what he put in here. When I unzip the bag, the first thing I see is a slip of paper with Simon's unmistakable, sloppy scrawl across it.

Baz,

I miss you. I'd like to think you already knew that but just in case you didn't I thought I had better remind you. Crowley, you're sitting twenty feet away from me as I write this and yet I'm still crying right now. I can't even imagine how difficult this is going to be. You've been my safety blanket for countless years now. Even if I may not have always felt that way (when we were sworn enemies and all), it's always been true. Alright, I gotta get on with this letter or I'm never going to be able to stop sobbing.

I packed this bag with some things that I think you'll need. And, well, I think that's all I'm going to say about it actually.

Please stay safe and come visit me as often as you possibly can. I miss you more than words can describe.

Hugs and kisses,

Simon

By the time I read the last word of the letter, there are tears rolling down my cheeks. I press the letter to my heart for a few moments and then prop it up on my bedside table, just in case I need it. I turn back to the backpack and begin to peel it apart layer by layer. The first layer is filled with candy and baked goods, of which I'll definitely eat. When I pull out the last jar of candy, I stop in my tracks. There's a bundle of fabric with a note attached to it lying at the bottom of the bag. I first pull out a huge, fluffy blanket that I'd recognize anywhere. I've looked at this blanket everyday for the past seven years in its home at the foot of Simon's bed. I hold it close to me as I read the note.

You always talk about how I smell so hopefully this'll help you out in that department. By the way, if you haven't noticed, I took your blanket too. ;)

I smile widely and shove my face in to the blanket, taking a deep whiff. Sure enough, it smells exactly like Simon. The heavenly scent puts me in to a trance. If I close my eyes, it's like he's here. It smells of apples and fresh laundry and sleep. Just like my baby. I gently place the blanket on to my bed as if it would break if I mishandled it. Finally, I reach in to the bag and pull out the final item. I gasp when I recognize it. It's a massive tan sweater that Simon wears all of the time. It's always been my favorite of his. A bright pink slip of paper taped to the back of it catches my eye.

For on the go, my darling. <3

I immediately slip off my shirt and yank it on over my body. It smells just like the blanket had. I flop down on to what used to be Simon's bed and bury my face in the sweater, immersing myself in the blissful scent. As I lye there, smelling my boyfriend, all I can think about is how I could possibly repay him for giving me the best gift possible. Him.