Rain

Hey there. First of all, thanks so much for 1k votes! That means so much to me. :) 

Also, I'd just like to officially state that I will be uploading a lot more sporadically on this than I have been in the past. There was a period of time when I was uploading almost everyday, and I just don't have that many ideas anymore. There are only so many fluffy situations to put these two in, you get me? Thanks for understanding! Have a great day, friends! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Baz's POV

"You wanna go dance in the rain?"

My attention is immediately grabbed. My head snaps in Simon's direction, almost expecting to see him snickering at his own joke, but I find no such thing. Nope, there he sits with the straightest of faces.

"What did you say?" I ask, my face scrunching in confusion.

He repeats himself, looking at me as if it's the most mundane thing that he could possibly say to me. I don't say a word. I only stare at him through narrowed eyes, waiting for him to elaborate.

"What? Don't look at me like that," He finally says. "It's a simple question. Do you want to go dance in the rain?"

"Uh..." I mutter, in awe at the ease of what he's saying.

Simon stares at me, expectantly. Once I've finally wrapped my head around what he's just asked me, I start to think. I mean... yeah. Of course I want to dance in the rain. Who wouldn't?

"Um..." I gaze out the window at the drops falling from the darkened sky. "Yeah, I think I do."

So we do. We put on our rain coats and boots and start out the door. The air smells musty and dewy. The humidity is smothering and the air feels heavy against my skin. I almost consider telling Simon that it's too ugly to be out here, but something is holding me back. I want to see where this is leading. We stop in the middle of the soppy grass, the mud squishing underneath both of our rain boots. He starts out gentle, grabbing my hands and swinging them ever so slightly. Flecks of water dot our intertwined fingers as we really start to move. Soon enough, we're dancing. Like, really dancing. We move fluidly and in perfect unison. Our movements aren't too slow but also aren't too rushed. We're taking our time but we're getting it done. I'm pretty much completely soaked at this point, but it's not bothering me in the slightest. Simon is hugged close to my body, radiating warmth and keeping me snug even through all of these layers of clothing in between us. I notice that Simon's curls are flattened and have tiny dew drops in the edges. It makes me smile. He doesn't ask me why I'm smiling but simply flashes one back in return. The rain is falling harder now, pelting both of coats in uneven but somehow melodious patterns. They're even rushing down my face like tear drops now. I don't wipe them away. The flecks of water on Simon's face fascinate me. There's not rhyme or reason to their existence, but they seem to make so much sense and hold infinite purpose. I notice one just barely hanging on to the tip of his nose and I almost smile again. I'm compelled to lean forward and rub it away with my nose. I only try to stop myself for a few moments, quickly giving in to the temptation. Smearing the drop in to disarray is oddly satisfying. I hang back when I'm finished, the two of us gazing in to each other's eyes. He kisses me. As his wet lips play against mine, it feels wondrous and has a certain sense of urgency lining it. I clutch him close to my shaking body, feeling him quake as well. I try to soak as much of it up as I can. Tired, he rests his head on my shoulder and I bury my chilled nose in his now moist curls. I try to soak as much of it up as I can. He smells like the replenished earth after a rainstorm. It makes me shiver. I'm already wishing for rain tomorrow.