After Chapter 61

I'm quite happy with how this one turned out! It's one of the many awkward and lovesick ways that the night of chapter 61 could have turned out. Also, we're up at about 330 reads! THAT'S INSANE. Thank you so much!! <3

---------------------------------------------------------------

You can do this.

I whisper to myself.

Tonight is the night. You've waited for this for far too long. Enjoy it.

I take a deep sighing breath and leave the bathroom in my best pajamas. When I enter my bedroom, Snow is standing next to my bed looking lost and slightly uncomfortable. He's changed in to his baby blue pajamas. They're my favorites on him. They compliment his broad shoulders on his otherwise scrawny body. He startles when he notices that I've walked in to the room. His face flushes and a charming smile appears.

"Okay, well, I guess we should," Simon moves towards my crappy sofa in the corner. "Get some sleep or something."

This is my chance. But what if he doesn't want to? I curse at my inner monologue. Basilton, he fucking kissed you today. I don't think that sleeping in the same bed is crossing any boundaries.

"Um," I quickly interject just as Snow is about to sit down. "You can... um, if you want to, of course... um, you can sleep in the bed. If you, uh, if you want to." I feel my face turn cherry red.

Way to play it cool, slick.

I nearly roll my eyes at my own stupidity. Shockingly, Snow giggles slightly.

That's the cutest damn giggle I've ever seen.

He sidles towards me and gives me a gentle punch on the arm.

"Of course I will, ya dork."

I can hear my heart beating at this point. I gawkily fidget nervously. My feet are planted firmly on the ground, though, try as I might to move them towards the bed.

Fucking move, you big baby!

"Baz?" Simon's gentle calling brings me back down to earth. "You coming?" He says, simply.

"Yeah, uh. Yeah, I am." I finally feel myself melt and be able to move again.

Simon climbs up in to my bed and shuffles under the covers.

This is happening right now. I've had dreams about this and it's actually fucking happening.

Without making eye contact, I scale the bed and shimmy under the blankets alongside Snow. His left leg is pressed against my right one. He radiates warmth. I've never been in the same bed as someone before. Well, not like this at least. I'm glad it's with him.

"Hey, um, Baz. I think maybe tonight we should just... sleep." He makes tense eye contact with me.

"I mean... your family is in the house and there's just a lot going on right now," He pauses and then jumps to his next sentence. "Not that I don't want to or- or that we were even going to do anything in the first place but I just, um, think that it's for the, um,"

I cut him off with a bold move. I lean forward and press my lips against his.

Maybe you are slick.

"Hey," I say when we pull away. "I get it. Don't worry."

He gives me a sad little smile.

"This is difficult. More difficult than I ever imagined it could be." He bites his lip for a moment before continuing. "It feels so right, but... why is it so hard?"

"Because it's new, Snow. Everything is hard when it's new," I snatch up his hand and intertwine our fingers. "Now, why don't we get some sleep?"

We get settled, facing each other right at eye level. I reach behind me and click the lamp off. I can still see his features sticking out, but vaguely.

"G'night, Baz."

I kiss him softly on the forehead.

"Night... Simon."

The moment I call him Simon I see his entire face light up with joy. That's all it takes to knock me out like a log on the best day of my entire life.