Sick Simon

...am I going a little over board with the pet names? Please tell me if I am. I just can't resist. Especially Baz calling Simon "love." It makes my heart melt. Anyway, I know that this idea has been done a few times before but it's too cute to not do. Thanks for reading! :o) 

(Also, I passed 100 reads on this story today!! That's crazy! Thank you so much; it means the world to me. <3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sneezes. Coughs. Stirring.

Simon never stops the entire night. I've spent the whole night rubbing his back and handing him tissues. At about 7, I give up any chance of sleeping and get up out of bed to go get dressed.

"You doing okay, baby?" I ask Simon before I leave. He groans.

"I feel like death." His voice is deep and gravelly. He sneezes.

"Aw." I rub his back again. "I hate seeing you like this. I'm going to stay home and take care of you today, okay?" I decide.

"No, no, I'm fine. I'm really..." He sneezes. "...feeling better."

I chuckle.

"No, you're not. I'm staying here. Don't get up; I'll go make you some tea."

"Thank you, sweetie."

It's really no big deal to me. Staying home, that is. When Simon is sick my life shuts down. That's the way it is. He's my darling and I would do anything for him. Besides, going to work today probably wouldn't be the smartest idea as I've spent literally my entire night awake nursing Simon. I'm running off of about two hours of sleep, split up in to ten minute sections.

When I return to the bedroom to give Si his mug of tea (Lemon and honey – it'll help his throat) he's sitting up in the bed, looking absolutely pitiful. His hair is matted and sticking to his forehead, his eyes have awfully dark circles under them, and he's white as a ghost all except for his cherry shaded nose. I can't help but pout slightly.

"You're gonna make me cry. Stop looking so pitiful." I'm only half joking.

As I hand him the tea, Simon groans, "Ugh. Thank you, Baz. It looks great... and please don't cry 'cause then I'll cry and I don't need to cry right now."

I lean down and give him a quick squeeze – I can't help it.

"I'm trying my hardest, love."

He gives me the most pathetic attempt at a smile.

"Well, sweetie." I sigh. "I'm all yours today. Do you need something?"

Simon sips his tea and gives me gentle, "Nope."

"Hmm... why don't you pick out a movie for me to put in for you and then I'll go make some breakfast?"

Simon ponders for a moment and then picks out some gushy romcom starring Jennifer Aniston. I raise my eyebrows at him. He flips over and digs his face in to the pillow.

"Shut uuupppp. I'm siiiicckkkk"

I giggle. I'd never admit it, but I find it painfully endearing when Simon acts like a kid. I rub his back.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'll put in the movie, love."

I put in the movie and then make a move to leave the room.

"Baz?"

"Mm?"

"Thank you."

"Any time, love."

Simon's POV

Sue me, I like Jennifer Aniston movies.

I never thought that there could ever be an upside to being sick, but sure enough, I found one. Baz is extremely sweet when I'm sick. Not to say that he isn't sweet when I'm healthy but it's almost like his whole universe stops spinning just so that he can take care of me when I'm sick. He can make anything feel better.

About half way through the movie, Baz comes in carrying a bowl of soup and a glass of milk for me. He sets the milk on the nightstand and hands me the soup. He amazes me.

"Thank you so much, honey. I'm sure it smells fantastic," I jokingly coo over his cooking. I think that that's been one of the biggest surprises that I've gotten since we started dating. Who would have thought that Baz is an exquisite cook?

"Of course, love. I'm going to go fetch you some medicine from the bathroom..." He turns to leave. "Anything else you need?"

"Not that I can think of, darling."

He flashes me a smile and leaves the room. After coming back and giving me my medicine, Baz climbs in to the bed beside me and cuddles close.

"You're gonna get sick if you're not careful," I warn him.

He grabs my hand.

"I don't care. I just want to be there for you, dearest."

"This is why I love you," My froggy voice says.

"There are a lot of reasons why I love you," Baz says affectionately.

The whole rest of the day is spent in bed, cuddling and watching movies. Every half an hour of so, Baz asks me if I need anything and goes to get anything that I request. Several mugs of tea and gooey romcoms later, we both realize that it's nearly 11 pm.

"Ready for bed then, love?" Baz squeezes my hand and stands up to stretch.

"Yeah, I am. Maybe tonight I'll be able to sleep..." My voice trails off as I roll over and get comfy just as I realize that the bedroom is trashed.

"Oh, man. Do you want help cleaning up a bit?"

"Are you kidding? Absolutely not. Go to sleep, Simon. You need it." He leans down and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Thank you so much for everything, Baz. You've made being sick as pleasant as it possibly could have been, my dearest."

"Any time, love." Baz picks up some of the dirty dishes and goes to the kitchen.

Baz's POV

I'm running on fumes. But it was absolutely worth it for my love.