Bad Dreams

Hello! So sorry that I haven't uploaded for the past two days - life got kind of crazy for a few days. But now it's Friday and I'm very happy. :)

Anyway, enjoy! This one seriously almost made me cry while I was writing but I think it's one of the best ones. <3

------------------------------------------------------------------

Baz's POV

They're chasing me. They've taken him and they're chasing me.

I've never run faster in my life. I've just witnessed the love of my life being brutally taken away from me. Tears flying from my face, effectively obstructing my vision, I trip over my own foot and fall to the ground. Heaving with sobs, I curl up in a ball on the ground and wait for my inevitable fate. I begin to feel shooting pains through my whole body. All I can do it lye there, paralyzed.

Next thing I know, I'm being rigorously shaken awake.

"Baz! Baz! Hey!"

Groggily, my water logged eyes peel open. It takes me a few moments to get my bearings straight.

"Huh? Wha-" I stutter. "What's... what's going on?"

Everything fades in to reality now. I'm in Simon's bed, with him by my side. My head snaps in his direction.

Dear god, I've never been more grateful to see him.

I'm sitting straight up now, Simon grasping my arm tightly.

"Hey," He nearly whispers. "What's wrong? You just started cr-crying and then you were kicking and- what's wrong?" His voice is laden down with intense fear.

I reach up to my face now. I feel moisture on my cheeks and my eyes are swollen. Rubbing my eyes with my fists, I finally answer him.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay," I say, still out of sorts. "I just, um, had an awful dream."

I turn to face Simon and his worried expression startles me. In that moment, it all comes back to me. They took him. They beat him. They beat him and then they took him from me. I tried to run. But I couldn't run fast enough. I can't help it- tears start to stream down my face again. Simon immediately rubs them away with his thumbs. He pouts.

"What happened, Baz?" His voice is small and shaky.

I bury my face in his chest. Breathing in his heavenly and familiar scent comforts me more than anything.

"I-I don't really want to talk about it," I sniff. "But I'm just really grateful to see you."

I lift my head and find myself mere inches away from his face. I lean forward and press my lips to his.

"And-and to smell you. And feel you. And just... to see you safe and in my arms."

I kiss him again. Simon engulfs me in to his embrace and repeatedly kisses the top of my head. Collapsing back on to our pillows, we cuddle up close to each other.

"I'm sorry you had to go through... whatever you just went through." His voice is subtle and quiet.

"It's not your fault," I say. "Just hold me. It makes everything better."

In response, Simon pulls me in closer. Planting a final kiss on my cheek, he whispers, "I'll always be here, Baz. You have nothing to worry about."

To this, I feel my eyes well up again. I slam them closed before he notices and starts to worry even more. I take a deep and shaky breath.

In my delirious and sleepy state, I murmur a final word.

"Promise?"

The last thing I hear before being whisked off in to unconsciousness is the single most reassuring word that I've ever heard.

"Promise."