Nostalgia, a thank you, and a review

Wow this feels weird. I didn't even think about how long it's been since I updated this story until I saw just now that I haven't updated since 8/17/16, which just so happens to be just over a year ago already. I'm not convinced anyone is actually going to read this, but here we go anyway. 

I came here again because I've just finished reading Carry On for the second time around, and if it's possible I think I enjoyed it even more this time. I read it in just a few days, soaking up all of the magic as much as I possibly could, and now that it's over again I have no idea what to do with myself. The first time I read Carry On and felt this emptiness when I finished it (all the way back in January of 2016), I turned to writing fanfiction, which I'll admit that I'm a bit embarrassed of now. I do occasionally go back and read some of my old one shots and just cringe the entire time... but I don't regret it. I didn't expect to get any reads on my crappy fanfiction when I started it. It was just an outlet to express myself and not really much else. I was so baffled by the fact that this was actually getting reads. It STILL blows my mind. I never would have guessed in a million years that I would reach even 100 reads, let alone 100k reads. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU. You not only read my stories, but instilled a sense of confidence in me when it comes to my writing and I cannot thank you enough for that. More than that, thank you for being so lovely to me and becoming a little online community that I could always turn to. 

I stopped writing these over a year ago simply because I was fresh out of ideas and lost motivation. Life got in the way and this fell pretty low on the priority list, to be perfectly honest. I'm not entirely sure what will come this time, but I guess watch out for (POSSIBLE) fanfiction updates. That's not a promise, but it might happen. If you're interested, I do write other things on this account. I have some poetry up that I update fairly regularly, if that's your kind of thing. I would appreciate it!! :)

Okay. Jeez. I think I'll stop now. I'll leave you with a quick review I wrote of Carry On just for fun. 

For the last time, thank you all so, so much. <3

---------------------------------------------------------

I read a lot of books. They're my escape, my therapy, my everything. For me, nothing compares to curling up with a great book.

Out of all the books I've ever had the pleasure of reading, none of them have consumed my brain and transported me to a different place quite as much as Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. I've just finished it for the second time around. And if it's possible, I think I enjoyed it even more this time. I got so sucked in to the world of Simon Snow and the Mages that I just couldn't put the book down and now that it's over again I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. To read this book is to feel as if you're living it. Carry On has the powers to transport me to this entire other world and I legitimately struggle to pull myself out of it sometimes. When I'm wrapped up in Rainbow Rowell's words, the incredible world of Mages becomes my life and the fantastical characters she has crafted become my best friends. I'm not entirely sure what exactly it is about this book, but it has most definitely changed my literary life and will forever hold a very special place in the bookish section of my heart. I truly can't say enough good about it. Read Carry On if you're in it for the adventure of a lifetime. You won't regret it.