Late Night Wake Up

Too...much...cute...physically...dying...(also another baby fic. Ha, sorry bout it).

------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's POV

I rub my sleep deprived eyes as I shuffle down the hallway to check on Baz and Natasha. She started crying, but by the time I woke up enough to realize, Baz was already gone. Just as I'm approaching the room, I stop in my tracks. He's singing. A stupid grin spreads across my face as I listen to him sing a gentle and soothing lullaby to Nat. I've heard Baz sing in the shower before, but this is... different. He's doing it with so much care and compassion. It sounds beautiful to say the very least. Standing in the hallway and leaning my sleepy head against the wall, I feel my eyes well up. It's been three days since we brought Nat home. Despite feeling completely daunted, I've managed to stay somewhat calm through all of this. Because of him. He's always been my rock, but now more than ever, he's keeping me grounded. I can't thank him enough for giving me that. The lullaby tapers off now and I hear Baz kiss Nat's forehead like he does all of the time (I've claimed her cheeks and he's got dibs on her forehead for kisses). I hear the floor creak slightly as he stands up and walks over to the crib.

"I love you so much, my Little Puff. Goodnight, Nat." I hear Baz whisper.

I completely lose what's left of my composure at this point. I can physically feel my heart collapse to dust from the cuteness. I nearly crumple to the ground like a rejected piece of paper until I realize that he's approaching the door and soon he'll know that I heard all of it. I desperately attempt to wipe away the tears that are continuously streaming down my cheeks as Baz gets closer to the door. No matter what I do, he'll know that I heard. If I turn and walk away, he'll ask why I was hanging around in the hallway. So I stay right where I am. And sure enough, he runs straight in to me as soon as he turns the corner in to the hallway.

"Crowley, you scared the sh-"

"Shh!" I interrupt him. "You'll wake Nat!" I grip his right forearm and lead him back to our bedroom.

"Why were you just standing there?" Baz questions. "And why were you crying?" He wipes at the streaks running down my cheeks.

I shrug and mutter, "I don't know. I just wanted to listen to you and Nat," I smile as Baz's cheeks redden deeply. "Don't be embarrassed! Baz, I was crying because you were so sweet with her. With the singing and the pet names... it just melted my heart," I run my hand up and down his arm as he continues to avoid eye contact. I do the only thing that I can think of. I kiss him. I make it a slow and sweet one.

"You're an amazing father, Baz," I say, pressing my forehead to his. "It's nothing to be embarrassed about," I give him one last peck on the nose before I turn and get back in bed. Baz follows behind. I grin to myself.

"You have a beautiful voice, you know."

Baz immediately groans and stuffs his face in to his pillow. I chuckle and pat him on the back.

"Alright, alright, I'm done teasing... my Little Puff."