Thunderstorms

Hey there! Sorry this one is so short -  I was writing a longer one but it just didn't really work out so then I had to quickly come up with a plan B. So... here's plan B! I hope you're all having a wonderful day and that this can make it even better. <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baz's POV

3:17 AM.

I see the alarmingly bright numbers flash on my alarm clock when I flip over. I've been abruptly woken up by Simon shaking. Literally quaking. He's all curled up in a ball completely under the covers, his body pressing against mine. His wings are the only part of him jutting out of the covers and I can see them vibrating. Every time a crack of thunder sounds outside, Si pushes himself closer to me even though it's basically impossible for him to get any closer. I dig my hand out from underneath him and use it to rub his back gently.

"Simon?" I coo soothingly.

A few moments later, I hear a soft, "Mm?" from beneath the blanket.

"Are-are you..." I stutter. "...afraid of thunderstorms or something?" I speak comfortingly so as not to upset him more. I'm pretty certain that I know the answer to this question already but I might as well ask.

"N-n-no," Simon's violent trembling causes his words to rattle. "I don't kn-know what you're, um, t-talking about, B-baz."

I chuckle gently to myself. After a few moments of consideration, I decide what to do next. I shuffle myself under the blanket along with him and embrace him as closely as I possibly can. I give him a quick peck on the forehead.

"You're right," I press my forehead to his. "I have no idea what I was thinking, love."

We fall asleep clutching each other. Every once in a while, when the thunder cracks, I feel him pull even closer. All I can do is hold him.