Baz's Crisis

Hey guys. So basically, I'm going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment and I just can't write anything too painfully cute right now... so, here's Baz having a bit of a crisis and how Simon reacts to it. Happy Friday. :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's POV

"Will you please just tell me what's wrong?"

All I get is a groan in response. That's all I've gotten for the past three days in response. Staring at a sprawled out and unshaven Baz, I purse my lips. I've had enough. I take a step toward the bed and physically flip him over to face me. He whines and quickly covers his face with his arms.

"Come on. I've had enough of this. For the final time, what the hell has got you so messed up?" I ask, dominantly.

"I just... I don't know," He mumbles. "Crisis, I guess."

I can't help but pout at his pitiful tone. My icy exterior breaks. I can't hold my own for more than five minutes.

"Look, do I have to kill someone? Who hurt you?" I raise my voice slightly, defensively.

"No one hurt me. Relax."

I sigh in response.

"I hate seeing you like this. Talk to me." I sit down on the bed and rub my hand up and down on his back.

"I don't wanna talk...cuddle, though?"

I laugh airily at his childish whining.

"Yeah, 'course we can."

I lye down across the bed and wrap my arms and wings around him. Glancing down at Baz's broken face, I'm sure that there's almost a glimmer of a smile there. He fluidly flips over and buries his face in my chest. I run the tips of my fingers up and down his back because I know that he loves that. In a matter of minutes, his breathing steadies and his body goes limp. Considering that it's probably the first time that he's slept in two days, I know that it's my duty to stay there until he wakes up. Even as hours pass and various parts of my body fall asleep from lying in the same position, I don't dare move a muscle. If it takes a few uncomfortable hours to get Baz back to normal, I'll always do it in a heartbeat. It isn't until I feel him start to shift in my arms that I move at all. Wearily, he rubs his eyes with balled up fists and stretches like a toddler that's just been woken up from a nap.

As he shoves his face up in to the crook of my neck, I ask, "Feel a little better now?"

"Mm."

I awkwardly bend my neck to be able to kiss his forehead.

"I'm worried about you," I coo.

"I know you are," He mumbles.

"I hate seeing you like this."

"I know that, too."

I grin slightly.

"Tell me what to do to make you better."

He takes a few moments to consider.

"Literally all I want is for you to keep holding me," He finally says, his gravelly voice crushing my heart.

"How can I deny you that?" I chuckle, tightening my grip around him.

Every section of my body is completely asleep. But, hey, isn't this what it's supposed to be about? My love is hurting and it's my job to mend him. If this is what it takes, then so be it.