Reading

Happy Wednesday! I would really appreciate some feedback on this one. I haven't written in third person too much before. Help me out! Thank you! <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Sweetie." Simon brushes Baz's shoulder as he walks by him.

"Hey," Baz says without looking up. He seems to be very enthralled with his book.

Simon plops down on the couch across from Baz's chair.

"Whatcha reading?" Simon says very sweetly.

After several silent moments, Baz finally glances up at his boyfriend for a moment and simply says, "Just a book."

"...sounds interesting..." Simon's voice is dripping with sarcasm.

"I'm sorry," Baz sighs. "I'm really sorry, love, it's just that I'm getting right to the good part. Do you need something or just want to chat?"

Simon considers for a moment.

"No... I just wanted to spend time with you, my darling," He smiles. "But also... I don't know if you noticed but, um, Penny is away at her mother's for the day, so..." Simon's eyes dart around the room. Baz's expression shows recognition immediately.

"Ahh," Baz closes his book on to his thumb for a moment. "Honey. I'm really sorry, but you're going to have to give me a little while, okay? If she's gone all day then we have plenty of time anyway. I just really want to finish this book."

Simon says nothing and stares down at his hands.

"Is that okay, love?" Baz asks, kindly.

"Oh, yeah, totally fine," Simon starts. "Yep, don't you worry about it, babe."

His tone is nearly unreadable. Not quite hurt, but more indignant and as if he has a point to prove.

"Great. Thank you, love," Baz says dismissively as he turns back to his book.

A few moments of silence pass by. Simon leans back on the couch.

"I'll just... find something else to do I guess," He speaks very slowly, almost seductively.

"Sounds great," Once again, Baz doesn't look up from his book as he speaks.

"Maybe I'll watch TV or something. Maybe a movie."

"Sweetie, you're still talking," Baz seems as if he's trying to hide his dismay with Simon.

"I'm bored," Simon throws his hands up. "I don't know what to do. You're occupied and Penny's not here. What else is there for me to do?" His tail swings slightly as he speaks.

"I don't know... read a book or something. Take a nap. Whatever you want."

Simon groans slightly and then stretches out on to the couch. He closes his eyes as if he's trying to fall asleep. Only moments later, they snap open again.

"I can't sleep, Baz."

Baz nearly glares at Simon. It's easy to see that he's trying very hard to keep his patience.

"Look, I don't know what to tell you, Simon," Baz says through irritation. "But the longer you keep me from reading the longer it'll be until I'm done."

Simon sighs, disgruntled.

A few minutes pass by. Simon is sprawled on the couch staring at the ceiling and Baz is deeply captivated by his book.

"Maybe I'll" –Baz interrupts Simon abruptly.

"For Crowley's sake, Snow! Come on!" He stands up and puts his book on the chair.

"...what?" Simon shrinks back in to his seat.

"Let's go! You don't have to be bored anymore!" He reaches over and snatches Simon's hand and pulls him up. As Baz leads Simon in to their bedroom, Simon giggles.

"I knew I'd break you," He says, his tail weaving itself around Baz's leg.

)l6ya