Simon's Bad Day

Hi guys! I always really loved the idea that Baz plays the violin. It's just so uncharacteristic that I can't help but love it. A HUGE thank you for all readers and votes! I hope all of you are well and enjoy!! :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Baz's POV

I walk in to Snow and Bunce's apartment to see Simon lying face down on the couch. Bunce is hovering over him with her arms crossed. As soon as I walk in to the room, she shoots me a look.

"What's wrong with..." I point to Simon.

She shrugs and throws her hands up in the air in dismay.

"I got it," I say to her, walking towards the couch.

Bunce has now gone in to her room and shut the door. I don't blame her. When something is wrong with Simon, he refuses to communicate with anyone about anything. It's infuriating but it's my civil duty as his boyfriend to do what it takes.

I sit on the very edge of the couch as that's the only part not covered by Simon. I place my hand on the small of his back and rub gently.

"Hey there, love," I speak slowly and soothingly. "Is there anything I can get for you or talk to you about?"

He slowly shimmies his head up to lye in my lap and I sit back on the couch, cradling his head.

After several moments, I hear a low grumble saying, "I don't wanna talk about it."

I've learned better than to try to push him to say more. For several minutes, we lye there as I cradle him and comfort him. I almost fall asleep before I hear his gentle voice start to say, "Baz?"

"Mm?" I lift my head and look down at him. He's curled up in a ball, his head still in my lap, with his arms pulled up under his chin like a bunny.

"Can you, um, do the thing that you did to comfort me last time?" There's a slight whine to his voice and his crestfallen face has a pout on it.

I groan slightly.

"Do I have to?"

"I mean..." He talks as if on the verge of tears. "I can't force you to do anything but, I mean..."

I lean down and kiss his forehead. Gently placing his head back on the couch, I give in, "Fine. I'll be right back."

Before I leave the room, I swear I see the tiniest bit of a smile on his face start to show up.

Simon's POV

Lying there on the couch, I can vaguely hear some clicks and bangs coming from the next room.

I have the best boyfriend ever.

A few minutes later, Baz shuffles out of the bedroom in his socks. He's holding his deep red-brown violin in one hand and the bow in his other. I sit up and pull up my legs to sit comfortably on the couch.

"Still no smile?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"I'm working on one," I reply as I lean my head back and gaze lovingly at him.

He smirks at me and then clears his throat.

"Okay... here we go," He says as he carefully places the violin near his collar bone and brings the hairs of his bow up to the strings.

I know how much he hates this. Well, I shouldn't say that he hates it. He really does love to play but only in private. I've already come home to find him playing just for himself. I suppose I understand. I guess it's really saying something that he only plays for me anymore. Crowley, he even keeps the thing here.

I really do have the best boyfriend ever.

My mind finally quiets down and I just zone out. I'm completely relaxed and at ease as Baz plays for me. I always am. Something about the smooth movements and the motions of his bow sooth me to no end. He plays for me for about half and hour before I start to feel my eyes begin to droop. I honestly couldn't even guess what I was so upset about before.

Baz's POV

By the time Simon has fallen to sleep, my arms and my ears ache. I cautiously place my violin on the coffee table along with the bow. I kneel on the ground in front of Simon and give him a peck on the nose.

"Glad I could help, love."