Oh, Ms. Believer

So, you need a bit of background information for this one. "Oh, Ms. Believer" is a Twenty One Pilots song that I'm utterly obsessed with and I decided to write a little fic about it. The words in italics are the song lyrics and the regular words are my caption type thingys that tell the story. It's set when Baz and Simon first started dating and Simon was kind of really damaged and sad. I like to think that Simon loved to go stargazing with Baz at this time because it relaxed him. So, enjoy. It's sad but really cute. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Miss Believer, my pretty sleeper

There he is. Sprawled out on the snow, carelessly. Star gazing, as if entranced. As if he's in the deepest of sleeps.

Your twisted mind is like snow on the road

Cars pass us by. The lights coming and going faster than it seems possible. It reminds me of the twinkle in his eye. The ever-present glimmer that assures me that there's something there. That's he's alive. Lately, the shine hasn't been as easy to see.

Your shaking shoulders prove that it's colder

Inside your head than the winter of dead

Every few moments, he quakes with coldness. I shimmy closer, snaking my arm underneath him. I want to be his warmth. The fuzzy jumper for his mind.

I will tell you I love you

"Thank you." He whispers.

"For what?"

"Being here."

"I love you."

But the muffs on your ears will cater your fears

I can't help but wonder if his constant shaking his actually because of the cold. I hope it is. But sometimes hoping just isn't enough.

My nose and feet are running as we start
To travel through snow

We walk hand in hand back to the apartment. I repeatedly have to wipe my cherry red nose on my sleeve, because of the frigid chill in the air. He's sniffing too. Because of the cold? Probably not.

Together we go
Together we go

We walk in unison. Every few seconds, I feel the need to squeeze his hand. Just to remind him that I'm here.

We get colder
As we grow older

This walk feels centuries long. As different parts of my body progressively go numb, I almost feel like it's been years since I was watching him gaze at the sky. It's hard to believe that it was only moments ago.

We will walk
So much slower

In some ways, I want to urge him to walk faster. To get to the heat. But in others, I want him to stop all together. To live in this moment forever.

Oh, Miss Believer, my pretty weeper

I glance over and see a tear slide down his cheek. I'm not surprised. It's pretty much constant lately. He's even beautiful while he's crying. I didn't think that that was possible.

Your twisted thoughts are like snow on the rooftops

I take the time to admire the fresh sheets of fluff on the rooftops. I notice that he's looking at it too. I wonder what he's thinking of.

Please, take my hand, we're in foreign land

He yanks his hand away suddenly. I look over to him to see that he's wiping the streaks from his face. When he's done, his hand dangles at his side. I snatch it up again, immediately.

As we travel through snow
Together we go
Together we go

He sniffs a few more times.

"Thank you."

We get colder
As we grow older

"Not a problem, love."

I rub my thumb back and forth over the back of his chilled hand.

We will walk
So much slower

I take the liberty of slowing down a little bit. I don't mind the cold, really. It's for him. It's always been for him.