I Love You

Ah, the first "I love you." A sweet one. Thank you for reading! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's POV

I hear the door swing open and I immediately perk up on my place on the couch. After a few moments, Baz saunters in to the room, face lit up with a charming smile. He throws his bag on the chair in the corner and flops down on the couch beside me.

"Hey," He says, still grinning widely.

We meet in the middle and share a kiss in greeting. When we pull away, our noses still only a sliver apart from each other, I flash him the most genuine smile that I've ever given anyone and ask, "How was your day?"

I'll admit, I ask this question every single day that Baz visits in the evenings but I'm almost never listening. I'm usually too ecstatic that he's here to listen. Baz visits on Wednesdays and Fridays and spends the weekend nearly every week. It's still not enough though.

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted by a grab at my wrist.

"Love?"

I jerk my head towards him and quickly answer, "Yes?"

Through chuckles, he says, "I asked you a question."

Oh, shit.

"Oh, um, right. Um," I search for what to say. "...Yyy-esss?"

Who am I fooling? He knows I wasn't listening. His expression promptly shifts from inquisitive to slightly hurt.

Double oh, shit.

"No, no, no," I'm quick to stutter. "No, sweetie, it's just that... okay, so I wasn't listening this time."

He rolls his eyes.

"Please don't be hurt. Listen, the only reason that I wasn't listening is because I'm so excited to see you! The moment you walk in to this apartment, I can't focus on anything except for your beautiful face. It puts me at peace to just watch you. I'm sorry that I wasn't listening but I'm really telling the truth." My words fade out near the end.

I can see Baz's face begin to loosen a bit until a small grin begins to take control. His smile is quickly getting larger and larger.

What the hell is he thinking?

And finally, "I love you, ya blimmin' idiot."

I immediately begin to internally scream. I can feel my eyes grow to be the size of plates as my mind is going absolutely insane. Fireworks are exploding in ever inch of my body. My heart is swelling to the size of the sun. My tail has a mind of its own as it spins wildly. I look up at him through my welled up eyes to see that his are doing the exact same thing.

Answer him, for Crowley's sake!

"I," I choke on my own tears. "I love you too, Baz."

We both break out into tearful giggles. We share a passionate kiss. His lips taste salty, as I'm sure mine do as well. I fall into his embrace and we rock each other back and forth for what feels like a century. The best century of my life, but a century no less.

"What was your question?" I jokingly ask, staring in to the eyes that I've grown to know so well.

"I have no idea."

Baz's POV

I've been waiting for far too long for the right time to tell him that to come along.