Baz is Sick

So I'm about 99% sure that it says somewhere in the book that vampires don't get sick but the opportunity is too adorable to pass up. I hope your weekend is going brilliantly. Enjoy! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's POV

"Good morn-" I gasp, interrupting my greeting.

Baz has just come out of the bedroom after sleeping uncharacteristically late, and I'm starting to understand why.

"You look...awful," I take a few steps towards him and grab one of his hands in mine.

Baz only coughs and slightly groans in response.

I can hardly believe it. Baz never gets sick. Seeing him like this breaks my heart. He's somehow paler than usual (making him damn near translucent), all except for his nose, which is a bright shade of red. His eyes have impressively dark circles under them and he's physically quaking with cold, despite that he's wrapped up in the comforter from our bed. I feel my protective boyfriend side automatically kick in. Running my fingers through his already messy mop of hair, I ask, "What hurts?"

"Everything," Baz groans, his voice gravelly and nasally.

"What can I get for you?" I ask, rubbing his back with a look of concern.

"Could I just have some tea, please?"

"Yeah, of course you can." I turn and walk to the kitchen. I stop in my tracks when I notice that he's following me like a lost puppy. I whip around to face him.

"Are you kidding me? Go back to bed right now. I'll bring you whatever you need."

"Are you sure? You're not my servant, you know. You don't have to do that." I can hardly believe what I'm hearing.

"I never said that I'm your servant. What I am is a concerned boyfriend who would like to take care of their love when they're sick. Now march back to bed and let me take care of you." I point in the direction of the bedroom indignantly.

He wants to argue. I can tell. He opens his mouth to speak, but quickly thinks better of it and turns away with a sigh.

"I'm doing this because I love you, you know." I say, collecting a tea bag from the cabinet.

"Mhm."

When I enter the bedroom, mug of steaming chamomile tea in hand, I can't help but smile. On the bed lies a Baz-shaped lump of blankets, with only a paper white face peeking out. He digs out one of his arms as I approach. Taking the mug from my hand, he murmurs, "Thank you."

"Sure..." I sit on the edge of the bed.

"What're you thinkin' about?" A bundled up Baz asks, taking a sip of his tea.

"Nothing. I'm just wondering..." I stare in to my lap, fiddling with my hands. "Why can't you let anyone take care of you?"

I choose to ignore the eye roll that I get in response.

"You must understand that when my boyfriend is sick, I'm obviously going to take care of them. Everyone does it. It's just... what you do." I shrug.

Baz sighs theatrically and leans over to put his mug on the bedside table.

"Look, Snow," I smirk. He knows I hate when he calls me that. "You seem to forget that you're the first person who voluntarily has wanted to take care of me since my mother died. I've grown so accustomed to taking care of myself and making it on my own that I just... don't know how to put myself in someone else's hands. Surely you can understand that."

I momentarily consider reminding him that I was in the exact same situation but decide against it. I'll let him have his moment. Instead of saying anything, I get up off of the bed and crawl up next to him. Wrapping my arms around him and planting light kisses on his shoulder, Baz speaks up again.

"You're gonna get sick if you don't stop."

"I don't care," I say, burying my face in to his chest. "Just do me a favor. Get used to this whole thing real fast. I want to take care of my baby." I say, smelling him deeply. He chuckles.

"I'm trying. Believe me, I'm trying." He gives in to my embrace now, cuddling in closer and resting his head against my neck.

"Anything else you need, darling?" I ask, kissing my boyfriend's feverish forehead.

"Nope." Baz croaks. I feel him grin against my skin. "Just keep holding me. I feel better already."