Burning

Spring break has finally arrived!! And I haven't gotten out of this chair in about three hours now... Enjoy. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's POV

You know that sudden feeling of warmth that rises in your chest when you hold your breath? That's what if feels like. To kiss him. My whole body feels as if it's just been ignited and is now slowly burning to ash. It's the most pleasurable feeling that I've ever experienced. So, one day, I tell him. I pull away from him suddenly, the two of us desperately attempting to catch our breath. Pressing my forehead to his and getting lost in his beautiful eyes, I mutter, "Kissing you," A few struggled breaths. "It's like my whole body is burning. Like something about your lips just...sets me on fire."

He doesn't say anything. After a few silent moments, I see a glimmer of a smile appear on his face.

"What did I do?" I lean back from him. A laugh bubbles out of him.

"No, it's just..." He grabs my hand and pulls me back to lye with him. "I kind of can't tell if that was a compliment or not Snow." He gives my hand a squeeze.

"Baz, we've been dating for over a year now, you realize that?" I ask, shifting to make eye contact. "Surely, if I didn't enjoy kissing you then I wouldn't have stuck around for so long, right?"

"I mean, yeah, I see what you're saying. But come on, Snow, you basically just told me that kissing me makes you feel like your burning a slow and painful death. Surely you can see my confusion." There's a look in his eyes that I can't quite place. I can't tell if he's messing with me or if he's genuinely concerned that I may not enjoy kissing him.

"Baz, I was jus-" He cuts me off by slamming his lips in to mine. A familiar burning sensation rises in my chest, as usual. He pulls back, drawing in a sharp breath. He raises his eyebrows at me as if to say, "So, how was that one?"

"Dear god, Baz! It was a compliment! I thought it would be romantic or something..." I sit up on the edge of the bed and face away from him. Within seconds, he's sitting beside me.

"Hey, I was kidding. And you know what else?" He lifts my head by the chin. "It was romantic." Hand still gripping my chin, Baz is slowly edging forward and closing the distance between us. When I can't bare the tension any longer, I take control and kiss him. I can tell I've caught him off guard, but he quickly melts in to it. It's the kind of kiss that seems to speak a million words. It goes on for seemingly forever. Eventually, we reluctantly pull apart, breathing heavily. Tense moments pass as we simply hover near each other. Not touching, just close enough to feel each other's warmth. Baz's struggled voice slices through the silence like a knife.

"So, you're sure that that was good for you?"

It's obvious that it was intended as a joke, but he's still lingering on what just happened. He says it with a straight face, his voice breathy.

I try to laugh but all that comes out is an airy exhale and half of a smile.

"Pretty damn good, Baz."