Forever

I don't really know what this is. It just kind of happened. I hope all of you are well and you enjoy. Thanks for reading! <3

(Side note: not that anyone really cares but I'm cutting 9 inches of my hair off tomorrow. Eek! I'm so excited!) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's POV

"Can I ask you something?" I ask, picking up Baz's hand and beginning to play with his fingers.

"Of course you can," He answers, turning his attention to me.

We're sitting on the couch beside each other, legs entangled and TV blaring in front of us. It's a common position for us these days. It's just safe and comfortable. But that gets old. I reach for the remote and hit the mute button, shifting to face Baz completely.

"Do you think we're wasting time? Like, aren't there other things we should be doing?" I continue to fiddle with his hand as I speak.

"I don't think I quite understand what you mean," Baz furrows his brow.

"I mean..." I consider what to say next. "Do you realize that we've spent the past three nights together in front of the television?"

"That's not true! We make out too, Snow. Get your facts straight." Baz jokes, patting my knee. I smile.

"First of all, don't call me Snow, Tyrannus," He cringes. Just what I was going for. "Second, stop changing the subject. We've fallen in to a slump. We're boring, Baz! Have we reached that point of the relationship where it's not new and exciting anymore?" I instinctively pout slightly, and Baz pulls his hand out of mine, grabbing mine now.

"So, yes, we may not be in that new and exciting place anymore, but do you know what that means, Simon?"

"I don't know, but I'm guessing that that was rhetorical anyway," He giggles even though I wasn't trying to be funny.

"Simon, it means that we're comfortable around each other. We can just be together. Not every moment that we're together has to be a grand adventure anymore. Love, we're going to spend forever together as far as I'm concerned. Forever can't be a constant adventure. Now that we can do things like watch TV and all of the little domestic things with each other, we're just one step closer to forever. You have to understand that it was the natural progression of our relationship that's allowing us to relax around each other. So, yeah, while we both may miss the new and exciting section sometimes, we have a whole lifetime to be with each other. Not every moment has to be exciting. Right, love?" He pauses, waiting for me to answer him. I feel a huge grin spread across my face.

Knocking my knee against his, I say, "Forever, huh?"

"That's my plan. You have a different one?" Baz asks, leaning closer to me.

"Nope, I don't. Forever keeps sounding better and better." I rest my head on his shoulder and our bodies mold together, as they've grown accustomed to do so well.

"Love?" Baz breaks the silence.

"Mm?" I hum.

"I can't wait to spend forever with you."

"Well then, it's good that we've already got a head start."