Late Night TV

Happy friday friends!! Enjoy and have a nice weekend <3

Also, thank you SO MUCH for 15k reads. It was literally about a month and a half ago that I hit 5k so you can imagine how amazed I am at the incredible growth in such little time. Thank you :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's POV

"I can't keep my eyes open any longer," I mutter with a yawn, crawling out of Baz's arms. "We fell asleep on the couch last night. Come to bed with me."

"You go ahead, love. I want to finish this episode if you don't mind," Baz answers me, prying his eyes away from the television.

All I can get out as my heart falls is, "Oh."

"That okay?" He asks, giving my hand a squeeze.
"Yeah, yeah, of course it is. You enjoy, I'll be in bed," I rub my eyes as I meander towards the bedroom. I feel a pout fall over my face as I crawl in to an empty bed. The moment I close my eyes, my mind is wide awake. The bed feels so cold and broken without Baz's warmth pressed against me. I stretch out and hug Baz's pillow to my chest, inhaling his scent deeply. With the noise of the television blaring in the next room, I lay there, losing all hope of falling asleep without him.

Baz's POV

The moment that Simon leaves the room, a wave of guilt crashes over me. Why didn't I just go to bed with him? It was obvious that he didn't want to be alone. Since when is TV more important to me than being with Simon? It's pointless now anyway. Despite the thing burning my eyes right in front of my face, I can't pay attention anymore. All I can think about is my boyfriend in bed, alone and wishing that I hadn't of been so attached to the precious television to cradle him to sleep. When I can't bare the overwhelming guilt any longer, I click off the TV. It'll be there tomorrow.

Simon's POV

After about ten unsuccessful minutes of trying to lull myself to sleep, I feel a set of strong arms wrap around my waist and embrace me closely. I am immediately comforted.

"I can't sleep without you." I whisper, stroking my thumb over the back of his hand.

"Hm," Baz chuckles airily. "I can't watch TV without you." I giggle.

"Sounds like we should just stop trying to do things without each other, then," I say, letting myself sink even further in to his grasp.

"It's settled then," Baz murmurs in to my hair, pressing his lips on to the back of my head three times.

Baz's POV

I'm trying to go to sleep. Really, I am. But with every one of Simon's steady breaths I grow more and more uneasy. He has to know.

"Si?" I whisper. He jumps awake in my arms slightly. Shit, that was adorable.

"Mm?" Simon hums sleepily. Christ, even more adorable.

"I'm really sorry that I didn't come to bed with you to begin with. I promise that TV isn't more important to me than you. Crowley, nothing is more important to me than you. I just... wanted you to know that. Sorry I woke you. That's all." I shrug and rest my chin on his shoulder. Simon flips over gracefully to face me.

"You really think that I thought that? Baz, I know how much I mean to you. You don't have to worry about that, I promise. You're literally the most loving boyfriend I could possibly ask for," He thumps me lightly on the chest. "Stop worrying so much."

My lips curl in to a grin as Simon pecks me on the cheek. Suddenly, I can't keep my eyes from fluttering closed anymore. That's all I needed for the world to be right again.

"Thank you." I mutter groggily. By the time Simon has time to respond, I've already fallen asleep.