Baz's Birthday

Can't get much more domestic than this... In this one, Natasha is about four years old and she helps Simon with Baz's birthday surprise. Enjoy and happy Easter if you celebrate it! <3

(By the way- "daddy" refers to Simon and "papa" refers to Baz)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's POV

"Ready, Nat? Shh, you have to be quiet," I put a finger to my lips.

Nat mimics my signal and whispers, "Ready, daddy."

"Okay, here we go," I balance my tray in one hand and put the other on the door knob. "One...two...three!" I swing the door open and Nat immediately bolts in to the bedroom and attempts (and fails) to climb up on Baz's and my bed. I put the tray down on the desk and help her up, where she pounces on Baz.

"PAPA, PAPA, PAPA!" Nat shouts as she shakes him awake.

"Wha-?" Baz confusedly looks around for a few moments until a big smile spreads across his face. He scoops up Nat and holds her like a baby, tickling her tummy. As she giggles gloriously and desperately tries to shimmy out of Baz's grip, I sit on the edge of the bed and join in the fun. We play until Baz and I can barely breathe and Nat is sufficiently tired out (although she'll surely be fully energized again in all of five minutes). Pulling Nat on to his lap, Baz says, "So, remind me again why I was so rudely awakened on a Saturday morning?" He tickles Nat's leg for a moment, and she let's out a single giggle.

"Are you kidding me?" I say, my eyes widened. "Tell him, Nat!"

"It's your birfday, Papa!" We both chuckle at her enthusiasm and her speech.

"No!" Baz jokes, humoring Nat. "I had no idea! Is it really?" She wriggles off of his lap now, turning to face him.

"Yeah!" She pokes him on the nose. "Daddy says that you're old!"

Baz glares at me now, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. "Oh, did he now?"

As Nat breaks in to uncontrollable laughter and thumps her butt down on the bed, I run my fingers through Baz's bed head and say, "You try to explain the whole age of a vampire thing to a four year old. She asked how old you were, what was I supposed to say?"

"Mhm, okay," Baz mutters sarcastically. I peck him on the cheek and turn my attention back to the writhing toddler on our bed.

"Nat, what did we make for papa?" I ask her, holding her still by her arm.

The two of us grin in admiration as she begins to list off all of the breakfast foods that we made for him, not pronouncing a single one correctly. I get up now, picking up the tray from the desk and placing it in Baz's lap.

"Aw, thank you guys!" He hugs Nat tightly and takes hold of my hand, pulling me down for a kiss. "But you know what? I think I'm gonna need help eating all of this food!" His voice sounds sweet and childlike. I barely even notice the cutesy voice he uses with Nat anymore, but for some reason, I notice it this time.

"Okay!" Nat shouts enthusiastically. The kid's got my appetite, that's for sure.

The three of us cuddle up on the bed now, all taking a share of Baz's birthday breakfast.

Baz's POV

Of course I knew. My daughter can't keep a secret any better than my husband can. But I don't care about the element of surprise, really. All I care about are these two goofballs right here.