Road trip

I'm not going to lie, I'm not very thrilled with how this one came out. Eh, it's cute. I wrote this because we just got back from taking a weekend trip to go see my brother in a concert. Even though our road trip was nothing like this one, I thought it was a cute idea for a fic. Have a nice day, buddies. :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Baz's POV

1:17am.

I glance at the clock on the dashboard through bleary eyes. I've been driving for six hours straight now. Simon has been fast asleep in the seat next to me, his head resting on the frosty window. When we first talked about taking a road trip together, we said that we were going to switch off driving every two hours or so. But Simon fell asleep when we got back in the car after dinner and I haven't had the heart to wake him up for his shift. My eyes are so tired that they feel sticky and dry. I urge myself to make it to a parking lot before I give up for the night. After turning off the car and stretching out my weary body, I quietly climb out of the car and grab the blanket and pillows from the trunk. Tossing them in the back seat, I open Simon's door and kneel down besides the car.

"Hey. Hey, Simon," I whisper, gently shaking his shoulder. He starts to squirm and rub at his eyes with his fists.

"Mm?" He groans, peeling his eyes open.

"We're done for the night. C'mon, let's get in the back."

I snake my arm around his waist and guide him out of the seat. He walks on the gravel parking lot as if he's had a few too many shots. Putting half of his body weight on me, I nearly fall over. He's not the only one that's tired. Being tediously careful, I lye Simon down across the back seat and cover him over with the fleecy blanket. When I'm sure he's comfortable, I sneak in beside him and yank the door closed. I turn to face my boyfriend and slip my arm up underneath him. I almost have to stifle a giggle. This back seat wasn't meant for two grown men to sleep on. Sighing in defeat, I finally conclude that there's no possible way to get comfortable and give up. Bending my neck in the most awkward and unnatural of positions, I give Simon a quick peck on the check as he burrows in my neck.

"G'night, love," I say, my voice cracked and sleepy.

"Night, Baz."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Simon's POV

I wake up first. It takes me a few moments to remember why I'm stretched out on the back seat of my car with Baz. My head is nestled against his chest, his chin resting on the top of my head. My neck feels stiff and my back screams in pain. Although, when I inhale and take in his heavenly scent, those things seem to vanish. After several minutes, I feel Baz begin to stir. I lean my head back so that I can watch him. I can only imagine how much he hurts. At least I can lye my legs straight out. Baz's have been bent and cramped for the entire night. Watching him stretch out his weary body and try to remember why he's in the back of a car is like watching a confused kitten. I can't help but reach up and run my fingers through his matted mop of bed head. A dreamy and distant smile appears on his face as he leans down and presses his lips to mine.

"Morning, honey," I say.

"Morning, love," He flashes me a smile. "Every part of my body hurts right now."

We giggle, our foreheads pressed together, for a few moments.

Despite the severe aching that's inhabiting my body right now, he's making it all okay.

Gosh, I love this big tree.