The Baby (Part 1)

Happy Saturday! This is in celebration of hitting 5k reads. If you didn't read my author's note from yesterday, just know that it means the world to me that so many people have stuck with me through all of this. I'm not quite sure how many parts this will come in, but the second one may just be uploaded later today. Enjoy and, well, you're welcome for this one. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Baz's POV

"Baz, I love you, but I swear to the Lord if you don't start helping me, you're out of this baby's life before it's even started."
"Will you relax please?" I mumble from bed. "This house is completely baby-proofed and everything is already set up. The due date isn't even for another week. We're fine, Snow." I sit up now, looking at a disgruntled Simon.
He doesn't say anything. He doesn't have to. His fiery eyes say enough. Okay, I have to fix this. I climb out of bed and walk over to him. Plucking all of the baby related items from his overloaded hands, I start to talk.
"I'm sorry. I could have said that in a much nicer way. I know that you're stressed and so am I. But truly Simon, you have to get some sleep. You haven't slept for three days. Think about how much sleep we're both going to lose once the baby comes home. Take advantage, babe, sleep now!" I clutch both of his hands.
I can't figure him out yet. He's biting his lower lip and his eyes are continously darting around the room. His face slowly begins to crumble and he collapses on to my shoulders. There it is.
"Come on. Tell me what's wrong." I say, tracing lazy circles on his back with my finger.
Never lifting his head, he mutters, "What if we're terrible parents?"
I guess I expected this. I would be completely lying if I said that the thought hasn't been running through my mind as well. I'm surely just as terrified as he is, but trying to stay strong for his benefit.
"Hey, look at me," I lift his chin with my hand and begin to wipe away his tears. "We're doing everything in our power to make sure that that doesn't happen. There's nothing more we can do now but wait. Simon, I guarantee this is going to change our lives forever in the best possible way. Really, think about the positives," As he's still pouting, I crack a smile and joke with him a bit. "And, dear God, Simon, get some sleep."
At this, he chuckles and humors me with a tiny smile. Instead of saying anything, he simply leans forward and kisses me, slowly and sweetly.
"Promise me that you'll still do that for me when the baby comes home," He murmurs, burying his face in my chest.
"Believe me, I'm going to try."
I take his hand and lead him to the bed. He's stumbling and his eyes are bloodshot. After assisting him in getting under the covers, I crawl up next to him and wrap my arms around him. He's out like a light in a matter of moments, and soon enough, so am I.

I'm awakened three hours later by my phone ringing obnoxiously. I groggily fumble for it and pick it up.
"Hello?" I mumble, closing my tired eyes again.
A matter of seconds later, my eyes snap open and I physically gasp. I immediately shake Simon awake.
"Simon! Simon, wake up, she's having the baby!"