Baz's Father

I 112% cried when I read this back because it's SO INTENSE. Guys. This is definitely one of my best ones. Enjoy and have a nice day! :)

ALSO WE PASSED 3K READS!!! AHHHH!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Baz's POV

Snow! I got this. Everything is going to be fine. Please just come.

I type the words quickly on my phone and hit the send button. I'd never admit this to Simon, but I'm nervous too. I flop down on my bed in my old bedroom. All I've told my parents is that my boyfriend is coming to visit on the last day of my stay. I told them at dinner on the first day of my visit. My father only sat there with a look of red hot fury burning in his eyes. My stepmother simply backed her chair away from the table slightly and blushed deeply, clearly uncomfortable. Whether her discomfort stemmed from my announcement or from my father's reaction, I don't know. Nothing more has been said about it all week, but, Crowley, it's been tense. It doesn't help in the slightest that in between awkward moments with my parents, I've had to talk Simon in to coming here all over again about twice a day. The way I see it, the worst that my father can do is tell us to get out of his house, to which we will gladly comply. But no, Simon is 100% convinced that this is going to be the catastrophe of the century. My train of thought is interrupted by my phone vibrating from its spot next to me.

If you're sure... I should be there in an hour. I love you so much, Baz.

I smile slightly and tap out a response.

It'll all be fine, love. I can't wait to see you. Being away from you is the worst kind of hellish. Love you too, darling.

I spend the next hour or so hovering awkwardly in the living room. I've told Simon to text me when he's here so I can go get him and he doesn't have to come in by himself. As much as I pushed this issue with him and know that it has to happen, my stomach is twisted and my hands are clammy. With about fifteen minutes until Simon's arrival, I walk down the hallway with intentions of finding my parents.

"Yes, Basilton?" My father's booming voice speaks.

"I..." I take a deep breath. "I just wanted to remind you that my boyfriend is going to be here soon... at least attempt to be civil please, father. Just remember how much he means to me. Please." I bite my lower lip in anticipation.

The only words uttered out of my father's mouth are crushing ones.

"Dinner will be on the table in half an hour."

I see him. He's leaning against his car, wings already packed away (courtesy of Bunce, I suppose.) My eyes widen as I get closer and can make out his features. He's wearing a red jumper that I've never seen before, khaki pants, and dress shoes. His mass of golden ringlets is actually somewhat tame for once. The moment I reach him, I don't waste a single second. He lets out half of a grunt when I consume him in the biggest hug I've ever given.

"Dear god, I've never been happier to see you." I whisper in Simon's ear.

He lets out a fretful chuckle but doesn't say anything. I let him go and back up to look him in the eye.

"Hey. Everything is okay. It's all going to be fine, okay?" I say, clutching both of his hands in mine.

His brow is furrowed and he's biting is quivering lip. He has a look on his face that shows me that if he even tries to say anything he's going to burst in to tears. I use one of my hands to gently lift his chin. I want to see his eyes. Still holding his head in place, I lean down and press my lips to his. I kiss him as if I'll never get another chance. He only nods at me when I pull away. I know exactly what it means. He's as ready as he's ever going to be. We walk hand in hand until we reach the front door, where we both take a heaving breath before I open it.

Here goes nothing.

I nod along nervously as Simon shakes my father and stepmother's hands. They don't seem to recognize him.

Shit. This would have been a lot easier if they had just known that he's Simon fucking Snow right from the beginning.

"And you are?" Father asks with a tinge of snootiness in his tone.

"Oh, um, I'm Simon." He gulps.

There's a flutter of recognition in my father's eyes. A smug grin appears on his face, as if to say, No way in hell is my son screwing Simon fucking Snow.

He chuckles and says, "Sorry. What was that again?"

Simon's eyes flicker momentarily to me, imploring me to say something. I clear my throat and choke out, "Dad, this is Simon. Simon...Snow." I watch as the anger rapidly unfolds on to my father's face.

"Basilton. A word please." His furious eyes stare at the floor as he motions me in to the kitchen.

In the fleeting moments where my parents aren't watching, I softly run my hand down Simon's arm before following.

"Are you kidding me?!" My father's face is beet red as he spits his words out at me.

I have to keep my composure or else this will only be a huge joke to him.

"No. No, Father, I'm not kidding you." I clear my throat. "I'm dating Simon Snow. He makes me... happier than I ever thought I could be." I nod my head, assuredly.

I can practically see his mind racing behind his beady eyes.

"Oh! Oh, I misunderstood then." He speaks mockingly. "Well, if he makes you happy then go right ahead! Please, pick up any boy you happen across and keep them around for a while. Just as long as they make you happy!" My eyes narrow and I can feel my chest begin to burn.

"Excuse me?" My voice is raised now. "You think really lowly of me don't you? I'll have you know that that man out there and I were made for each other. I've never felt this way about anyone before. He makes me life complete, okay?" I throw up my hands in defeat. "I can't believe that I ever thought that you could be even the least bit adult or civil about this!"

"I was certainly going to try until you decided to bring...him... in to this house!" He shouts about Simon as if he's taboo. Something that we don't speak of.

"The 'him' that you're referring to happens to be the love of my fucking life! Okay? Are you happy now? Maybe if you weren't such a close minded prick with your head up your ass you would have the decency to consider my happiness and realize that I can make my own fucking decisions." I seethe.

After several intense moments of silence, my father strongly states, "Get out of my house."

"Ha!" I chuckle sarcastically. "Gladly."

I shove past my father and storm up the steps. Whipping open my bedroom door, I hurriedly collect my things and stuff them in my suitcase and thump down the steps with it in tow. I'm not surprised to find that Simon hasn't moved a muscle from his spot, three feet inside the door. The only thing that's changed is that his previously glassy eyes have now overflowed, surely because he heard every word of my argument with my father. Not bothering to say a single word to either of my parents, I snatch up Simon's hand and drag him out of the door, slamming it dramatically behind me. I don't slow down until we reach Simon's car, where I drop his hand along with my suitcase. Slamming my eyes closed and tilting my head up to the dreary sky, I let out a guttural noise that sounds like it's half of a scream and half of a groan. After a few moments, I feel a presence directly in front of me. Simon uses one hand on my chin to make my eyes meet his and his other to cup my face. He leans forward and plants a tender kiss on my lips. I melt in to him. Collapsed in each other's comforting embraces, I feel all of my fury and animosity toward my father melting away. Simon breaks the silence.

"I don't think I've ever loved you more."