Chapter 9

*First person pov*

Keiko slaps me. "Hey! Get a hold of yourself Ciel!" Keiko shouts. I realize I had been in a daze. I force a smile. "Sorry, sorry! I'll fight, just wait until Weasel over there runs away with his tail between his legs!" I say standing up, but my legs fail on me by shaking. "Ci...el?" Keiko says. I gulp and try to stop my legs from shaking any more. "I'm fine." I say as I get out a kunai. My legs stop shaking. "Naruto, Ciel, I'll show you how to do it." Kakashi says suddenly. My focus shifts to Kakashi. Weasel makes a few hand signs. "Katon: Goukakyuu no jutsu!!!" Weasel yells as a big fire ball comes barreling my way. I start running into the fireball, despite Chiyo yelling to stop. I eat all of the flames. As I was doing so, Kakashi digs underground. I finish eating the flames and glare at Weasel, well, more like his chest since I don't want to get caught in genjutsu again. "You haven't learned since our last fight, haven't you?" I question Weasel. He doesn't say anything and notices the hole behind me. Kakashi bursts out of the ground in front of Weasel to uppercut him, but Weasel dodges. Weasel grabs Kakashi's elbow and pulled it down, making Kakashi lose balance. Weasel brings his fist up to punch Kakashi. He punches, but Kakashi dodges. Weasel brings his other arm to grab Kakashi's head pulls him to look at him in the eyes. Kakashi get's caught in genjutsu. But, that was Kakashi's clone, the real one was still underground. The real Kakashi emerges from the hole he made before. "No wonder... I wouldn't expect you to be affected by the genjutsu.... this is a shadow clone." Weasel states. "Handle him and my shadow clone, Naruto! Ciel!!" Kakashi yells. I smirk as I sense presences behind me. My shadow clones jump over me and charge at Weasel with a giant rasengan. I made shadow clones right before the fireball jutsu. Naruto also emerges from the trees with his shadow clone with a giant rasengan as well. They charge at Weasel and shove the rasengan in his stomach. "RASENGAN!!!" They all yell, creating a mini explosion. "A...Amazing..." Pinky stutters. "Yay!!! Ciel and Naruto is the best around!!! Remember that when you die asshole!!" Keiko yells at Weasel. The explosion falters and we walk over to Weasel's body. I click my tongue in annoyance as I look at the replacement. "This... This is..." Chiyo stutters. "Was it... their jutsu or what?" Pinky asks as she stares at the body. I run a hand through my pink hair. I notice it was getting too long, I made a mental note to cut it. "Ugh, I knew it. His flames tasted different. Disgusting, really." I tell them. "I had a bad feeling about it in the middle..." Kakashi trails off. "What... could it be?" Naruto asks. "He..." Chiyo trails off. "Do you know this man Chiyo-obaa?" Keiko asks. "Yeah... Yuura.... He's a jounin from my village." Chiyo tells us. "From the Sand? What does this mean?" Pinky asks. "Even I don't know..." Chiyo says as she stares at the body. "...Possibly he could have been an Akatsuki spy..." Pinky suggests. "No way.... he's been working as a leader for four whole years..." Chiyo says. "Did he do this with some kind of henge?" Keiko asks Kakashi. "No... This isn't that level of jutsu... the goukakyuu is an jutsu that the Uchiha clan worked out well. The jutsu was the real thing..." Kakashi tells us. "...Shape shifting..." I blurt out. Everyone turns to me. "What do you mean?" Naruto asks. I shake my hands in front of me. "It's nothing, nothing." I say, denying what I had just said. They looked skeptical but didn't press further. "Beaten again... looks like the real one's are at the hideout. His objective was to delay us and gather information on us.... those bastards have good jutsu indeed." Kakashi says. "Indeed.... this was clearly stalling. There's no mistake about it... they've already started to extract the bijuu. Perhaps they wish to use 'one tail' Shukaku to make a new jinchuuriki." Chiyo says. I try to look shocked. "No way!!!" I shout. "Yeah..." Chiyo says. "There's no time then. We must hurry and save Gaara." Kakashi says. "Then why are we still talking!? Let's go and save Gaara!!!" Keiko shouts. "Jinchuuriki?" Pinky asks. "Like I said before, since the bijuu have inconceivable power. Every country wanted to use them for military affairs." Chiyo tells us. I groan, at this rate we won't be able to save Gaara. "A jinchuuriki is so to speak, something that exists to control that power." Chiyo tells us. "But you said that nobody at all can control that power." Pinky points out. "That's how it is, yes... but still, over time people have tried to control that power by sealing it in humans. By doing that, the overwhelming power of the bijuu is compressed and that power can be directed." Chiyo explains. Naruto holds his stomach where his seal is and I look down at my stomach. Keiko notices and looks at me sadly. She knows about Okamia, I told her a few years ago, before we left on the journey with Ero-sennin and Naruto. "And those who had bijuu sealed into them... that is to say, people like Gaara... were called jinchuuriki. The feature of jinchuuriki is that they resonate with the bijuu and can use inconceivable power. Including Gaara, in the history of Sand, three jinchuuriki have appeared so far." Chiyo says. Okamia... did my parents want you for power? As well... as Eric? I... don't know. I think they just wanted to keep me from destroying anything, even though I have no intention to. "These jinchuuriki were used many times for war, weren't they?" Pinky says, getting angry. "That's right." Chiyo answers. "Then!! The ones made into jinchuuriki-!!!" Pinky trails off, faltering. She bites her lip and stays silent for a moment. "How do you... remove a bijuu?" Pinky asks finally. Chiyo was about to answer but I beat her too it. "A sealing jutsu which releases the exact amount to match up with the bijuu's is used. It takes a good amount to time. But if it were to be done, the jinchuuriki....." I trail off. I close my eyes and gulp. I finally open my eyes and look at them seriously. "The jinchuuriki will die." I finish. There was a thick tension partially my fault making it all dramatic. "The two I mentioned before, the jinchuuriki of Sand aside from Gaara... had the Shukaku extracted from their bodies, and this caused their deaths." Chiyo says. Pinky gets moved to tears as well as Keiko. I pick her off my head and hold her, comforting her. "You're always moved to tears Keiko, Sakura-chan. I told you not to worry." Naruto says. He gives them a smile. "Because I'll rescue Gaara!" Naruto announces. "Naruto! It's you... I'm-!" Pinky gets cut off by Naruto. "C'mon, let's hurry!" Naruto says, turning his back to Pinky and walking away. I past by Pinky to follow Naruto but stop to talk to her. "Don't worry, I'll protect Naruto with my life. If I didn't, what kind of guard am I?" I say as I continue walking. We continuing pursuing Gaara but stop to take a break. It was nighttime, and we were all tired. Kakashi announced we'll use this break to sleep as much as we can and we obliged. I get out my sleeping bag and climb in. Keiko climbs into my sleeping bag, even though she has her own. She's still a kid no matter how hard you look at her. She snuggles into me and I smile at the sight of her sleeping face. I decided instead of taking my precious sleeping time to watch her I sleep myself.