Chapter 28

*First person pov*

"Man! Your chakra cloak hurts like a bitch!" I shout. I was in Ōkamia's cage, sitting on her snout. "Hey, it's not my fault that my chakra hurts you foolish human. It was supposed to hurt anyways, since you literally have no skin at all when you go into that mode." Ōkamia says boredly. "It really sucks... It's like I'm a walking colossal titan when I get out of that mode. It hurts to even take a step it hurt so bad!" I complain. Ōkamia rolls her eyes. "Whatever. Say... You want to meet Kurama?" Ōkamia asks me. I jolt up. "Are you serious?" I ask her, wide eyes. "Oh no... We're meeting Saiken... Yes I'm fucking serious do you want to meet Kurama or what!?" Ōkamia sarcastically replies. "Hmm... Why the fuck not?" I tell her, shrugging. "Okay then, let's go." Okamia says as she gets up. "Whoa! Give me some details on how we are going to this!" I shout as I brush her nose. She sneezes and glares at me. "Fine, we're going to transport our consciousness to Naruto's being. But it only lasts five minutes, so don't delay." Okamia explains. I smile and get up from her snout. "Alright! Let's go then!" I yell, pumping a fist in the air. Chakra flows out of Okamia and when I blinked, we were in a different room. I look to the wall of the room and see a bunch of words scratched in. HATE. LONELY. DIE HUMANS. BURN IN HELL. NO HOPE. I walk over to the wall and scratch something in."What the- who the hell are you!?" I hear a not so friendly voice yell. I look around and there was a huge cage, just like Okamia's cage. I peek through the cracks of the cage and see Kurama, glaring at me with his blazing red eyes. "Hm, I'm just here to introduce myself since I guess you can say I'm a new tailed beast. The name's Okamia, the 11 tailed." Okamia introduces herself. "Tch! I can sense you are not an official tailed beast, actually, not even one. You must be really weak, hell, maybe even Shukaku is stronger than your weak ass." Kurama says as he rests his head on his arms. "Watch your tongue, I may not be a official tailed beast, but I can kick your ass any day. Just so you know, I'm 100 times stronger than the 10 tailed." Okamia hisses. "Hmm, interesting. I am Kurama, remember the name that's going to kick your ass someday." Kurama says, smirking. He turns to me. "And who's the brat?" He asks me, eyeing me. I clear my throat and step forward. "My name is Ciel Heartfilia. Kurama was it? It's a cool name, and you seem like a nice person at heart. I can't imagine what you've endured to mold you like this. I can't understand why people can be so cruel.... back where I came from, my orchestra class treated each other like family, despite that we are not blood related at all. I just hope someday, that everyone can treat each other like the bonds back in my class." I tell him, rambling. Kurama looks taken back but kept his composure. "What the hell are you trying to say!? Do you think your words can melt my heart like some weak bastards!?" Kurama yells, his eyes full of hate. I shrug. "No, I don't think my words can heal your heart. Once abused, stays abused, the scars remain. The trust between you tails and humans has been broken. It's funny, actually, how you can build trust but can be broken with a single touch, and become more difficult every time you try to build it back up again. But I hope that one day, that our future children, can treat you better and think of you as an person than a demon, as well as heal your heart. Just keep holding on." I tell him as I sit on Okamia's paw. Kurama tchs and looks away. "You're a foolish human. It will never happen. You all just want our powers." Kurama growls. "But there are some people who don't want your powers, like me. We're all in this together, might as well enjoy each other's company and become friends." I say, smiling at him. He just stares at me. "You're a weird one. I'm fairly amused. Now tell me, why do you want to become our friend, MY friend." Kurama asks calmly. "It's unconditional friendship. In my opinion, there should be no conditions to being friends." I tell him as I sit back. He humphs and looks to the wall of his cage. "Whatever brat." He says as he rests his head. I realize the times up and our bodies were disappearing. "Well, our time is up. I'll try to visit you more often when I can. By the time I die, I hope we can be friends." I say, giving him a closed eyed smile. I open my eyes and we were back in Okamia's cage. "Hey, what did you write on the wall?" Okamia asks me. I wave her off. "Oh, nothing.

*Kurama pov*

What an interesting brat. To think he wants to be my friend, ha! He justs wants to get on my good side so he can take my power, like the rest of them. His words echo throughout every inch of my mind. "Kurama, was it? It's a cool name, and you seem like a good person at heart." Person. He called me a person... and equal individual. Nobody... has ever said that since... NO! He just wants to manipulate me!! As much I tried to deny it, my heart gets all fuzzy and warm. I growl, cursing my stupid emotions and look to my left. I notice something at the edge of my eyes and look over there. It was the words I've written on the wall... but something has changed. I got up and walked over to read them. Someone added words on the wall. Hope. Keep holding on. You'll make it through. Faith. Aspiration. And so much more. All the words I wrote was crossed out. I felt my lips twitch upward but lowered into a frown. Ugh... I don't know anymore... maybe I can give this brat a chance...