Chapter 24

*First person pov*

I sigh as I watch Naruto get caught in Sai's snake trap with a fake Yamato. "Should we head as well Ciel? We've been hiding this entire time." Keiko suggests. We were hiding in a bush, for no particular reason. "I guess we could." I reply as I jump out of the bush. Keiko follows and positioned herself on my back, ready to fly anytime. "HEY SAI!! GET THIS THING OFF ME!!!" I heard Naruto yell. I ignore him since I couldn't do anything about the snake and pressed on to find Yamato. I spot him fighting Sai and flied up so he wouldn't spot me out in the open. "Wind Ice Dragon Mode: Wind Ice Dragon's Wing Attack!!!" I shout as wind and ice spirals off my arms as I am it at Yamato. He was busy with the chinese lions and noticed my attack at the last second. He narrows his eyes at the ice then back at me. "You have a kekkei genkai?" Yamato asks me as he fends off more chinese lions. "I guess you can say that, but it's not my main one!!" I answer him. Yamato aims his wood arm thing and aims it at me and Sai. I dodge all the wood coming for me by flying away. It kept following me so Keiko continued flying. We made it back but it seemed like Sai already captured Yamato. "GG." I say as I land on the ground beside him. "What does that mean?" Sai asks, tilting his head to the side like a puppy. "It means good game." Keiko answers for me. Pinky appears out of nowhere, standing there. "Excellent capture, Sai. The simulation ends here." Yamato comments as Sai unties rope around his hands. Naruto storms out of the forest pissed off. He snatches the collar of Sai's shirt and glares at him. "What is it?" Sai asks, no emotion in his voice. Actually, his voice sounds like that all the time. "Do you know the word 'companion' means!?" Naruto yells. Sai calmly pulls out a scroll and a brush and writes something on it. He shows it to us, the word companion on it. "Of course I know... what about it?" Sai asks. "No, define it." Keiko says. Sai ignores Keiko. Naruto grits his teeth as he gets angrier at Sai. "Naruto, calm down." Pinky tells Naruto. "Please don't lay the blame on others for your minimal amount of ability. Had you not fallen for the captain's obvious provocation, I would have been able to stay hidden without being exposed. You went and had your clone transform into me, then made it obvious by using your own jutsu. It's not pleasant to fight while looking after someone who can't even keep himself in check. I just worked with the success of the mission in mind." Sai says. Naruto growls and shoves Sai away and starts walking off. "I... will never consider you a companion or a member of team Kakashi. Yamato-taichou, is there anyway to switch partners?" Naruto asks as he stops in his tracks for a second. "No, I have to keep Sakura with me. Keiko and Ciel work together the best, they can get out of sticky situations without even communicating to each other." Yamato says, sighing. "...What would have Sasuke-kun done in that situation? Fought while looking after you? As an companion, and a team member of team Kakashi?" Sai asks with a fake smile. I clench my fists, but done nothing. I can tell Naruto was provoked too. Pinky was glancing between all three of us, worried. "The one who betrayed the village and injured you... you still refer to him as a friend?" Sai asks. I starts walking towards him but Keiko stops me and shakes her head. I grit my teeth and just waited for Naruto's answer, even though I already knew it. Naruto turns around to face Sai. "If it's to save a friend, I'll do anything. Even work with you." Naruto says, spitting venom when he said that he will work with Sai. Naruto glares at Sai and walks away. I huff and followed Naruto, Keiko in suit. I run up to Naruto's side and we walked in a peaceful silence, if you can say that. I mean, I could tell Naruto was still mad but he wasn't saying anything. I was expecting him to blow off steam by ranting, but there was none of that. Okay, I'm worried. Naruto hasn't said a word this entire time. I'm scared too... "Hey Ciel, Keiko." Naruto calls as he stops. "Hmm?" Me and Keiko hum in response. "I was thinking, I was thinking... and I shouldn't be thinking this... but I'm considering what Sai is saying." Naruto admits. I whip my head around to look at Naruto. "What!? You're lying!" I shout in disbelief. Naruto has been so passionate about bringing Duckbutt back in the anime, why is he having second thoughts? "I mean... All of what Sai said was true. He betrayed Konoha... he betrayed US. And he has injured us.... Is that what a companion does? Is that what a friend does?" Naruto asks me. "Dumbass. Of course Duckbutt is our friend. He's just..." I trail off. I don't know what to reply with. "He's just in the dark. But Naruto... I believe that you can bring him out of the dark and guide him to light. After all, you are the sunshine of this dark, gray, cruel world. I'm sure, and besides, you have a promise to keep for me, right? You promised Pinky as well, and what was your nindo again? That you never go back on your words? Is today the day that you're going back on your words? I don't think so. You're stronger than this, Naruto. I believe that you... all of us... will bring back Duckbutt. I mean, we are still alive and under the same sky right? We still have time. I wanna be able... I want to be able to drink together as old men in the future..." I said to him, meaningful. "Keiko thinks so too." Keiko agrees. Naruto smiles and nods. "You're right... I'm so stupid to let myself fall to that asshole's words. I'm sorry. Let's head back." Naruto says. "Ehh!? Then why the hell are we walking!?" Keiko shouts. "I just wanted to cool off." Naruto says as he walks back to the group. I sigh as I follow him. Keiko, not wanting to walk again, flew up to my head and rested there. We made it back to the group and Naruto picks up his backpack he set down. "Come on, let's go. If we're not there by noon tomorrow, this'll all be for nothing!" Naruto says, still a bit sour. We start walking to our destination, but we stopped some ways away from the bridge for the night. I get unpacked and got in my sleeping bag with Keiko and fell asleep.