Chapter 67

*First person pov*

Tsunade decided to give me a 3 week break, since I was kidnapped and stuff. It's bullshit, my break isn't long enough. Though, it's better than no break. I was walking around the village with Keiko riding my head as well. No reason for walking, we were just bored. "Hey Ciel..." Keiko calls. "Hm?" I hum. "I was wondering... could we go to the land of waves?" Keiko asks me. "Huh? Is there any reason why you want to go?" I ask Keiko. "Um, well.... I want to meet Haku and Zabuza. When it come around the time when they... well... died... you speak so fondly of them even though they were your enemy." Keiko tells me. "Hm, I guess it wouldn't hurt. Do you want to now? We have nothing else to do, so why not?" I ask her. "Sure!" Keiko chirps and I smile.

Time skip~

We were at the village gates. "You ready to leave?" I ask her. She nods and flies up to my head and sits on me. "Yeah! Let's go!" Keiko announces and I start walking. We walked in a peaceful silence, none of us wanted to disturb it. As we were walking, I noticed a familiar spot. "Hey Keiko! I remember this place!" I tell her as I stop at the place where the demon brothers attacked us. "Huh?" She asks. "This is the place where we realized our mission was a B-rank or higher. We were attacked by two idiot hidden mist shinobi." I say, laughing. "Get this, these idiots thought they were so sneaky, thinking that we wouldn't notice a puddle. Normally it would get overlooked but this puddle was in the middle of a sunny day, when it hasn't even rained in weeks!" I say, laughing. Keiko started laughing as well. "Really!? That's so stupid!!" Keiko shouts, laughing. "Yeah, I got out a kunai and kept dropping it in the puddle! Making up excuses 'oops! my hand slipped!' or 'it's slippery!' and even 'man, I just got butterfingers!'." I say laughing. Keiko laughs harder. "Man! I bet they came out covered in stab wounds!" Keiko says, wiping a tear away. "Yeah... we should get going. We shouldn't delay any longer." I tell Keiko. "Aye!" She says.

Time skip~

We finally made it to the bridge. "Naruto... Bridge?" Keiko asks me, confused. "Oh, you don't know? After our mission, I overheard the conversation between my client and his grandson. They decided to name the bridge after Naruto in his honor." I explain to Keiko. I start walking on the bridge happily. "I'm glad that they made this bridge! Now I don't have to ride those horrid boats!" I chirp happily. "It's not that awful.... you just have bad motion sickness." Keiko says and I stick my tongue out at her. "Though... this sea is beautiful. It's so pure and clear." Keiko says, as she peers over the bridge. "Yeah... it isn't called Heavenly Ocean for nothing." I tell her. "Heavenly... what a coincidence, you're name means 'heavenly'." Keiko says, laughing. "And what if I were to tell you this ocean is named after me?" I ask her. "EHHH!?" She shouts and I laugh, amused by her reaction. "Do you want to meet my client? I guess you can say we are good friends." I ask Keiko. "Sure!" Keiko says and we walk through the village. There was a great difference from then and now. There was less poverty. "Keiko, did I ever tell you the condition of this place when I had my mission?" I ask her and she shook her head. "Well, it's nice that this place had a great improvement. Poverty was common then, nobody had much money. You could see people pick pocketing, stealing, everything they can to survive. Heh, when we were staying in this place, a guy tried to pickpocket Pinky and she thought it was a pervert. She punched him right in the face!! It was hilarious!!" I say, laughing. Keiko chuckles lightly and I feel a tug on my shirt. "Um... Nii-san?" I hear a little girl, probably the age of 9. She shuffles nervously. "Um... I recognized you from back then.... You gave me 1000 ryo..." The girl says. I come to realization that she was the little girl from back then. "Oh! I remember you! How are you holding up? Are you healthy?" I ask her, looking her up and down. She had nice clothes, and looked healthy. Cute plump cheeks and not as dirty. "Y-Yes Nii-san! I'm thankful for you giving me that generous amount of money... I don't think me and my family would have survived... thank you so much." The girl said. "Don't worry about it! I'm glad you're fine." I tell her. "Y-Yes! Thank you so much!" The girl said again and bows. "Don't worry about it!" I tell her, smiling. She nods. "Um... if you would excuse me..." The girl says as she runs off to her friends. "Who was that?" Keiko asks me, confused. "That girl was a girl I helped. She was begging me and Pinky for money and food. Pinky gave her lots of candy and I gave her 1000 ryo." I explain to Keiko as I walk. "Eh... you're quite generous." Keiko says. "I just do what I think is right." I tell Keiko as I hop on a railing and start walking on it, losing my balance every now and then. "So are we going to meet the client?" Keiko asks me. I hop off the railing since there was none left for me to walk on. "Yeah, why not? It'll be nice to see him and see how much Inari has grown.... He used to be a tiny fellow." I tell Keiko as I head in the direction of where their house is. I walk on the pier to their house and knock on it. I wait a couple of seconds and Tsunami opened the door. "AH! Is that you Ciel!? It's been so long!" Tsunami shouts as she hugs me. I chuckle and she lets go. "My, you're so big! And who's your companion? I'm Tsunami." Tsunami asks me, looking at Keiko. "I'm Keiko Heartfilia, nice to meet you." Keiko says, smiling at her. "Well, what are you guys standing there for? Come inside!"