Chapter 58

*First person pov*

We were on the last day of travelling. We are so close to Kumo. I am so surprised that we haven't encountered any Akatsuki members, it's baffling. Then, that's when it hit us. Large tree roots came out of the ground and at us. We scatter to dodge all the roots. "I found you. You gave us so much trouble, I had to split from white Zetsu." I hear a voice say. I look up to see black Zetsu all alone. White wasn't with him, so it was just him. I glare up at him. "Yugito, I'll distract him while you escape. Kumo is not far from here, so get reinforcements while I defend him off. Try to come quickly, I know I won't be able to defeat him myself." I tell her. "No! We can defeat him together!" Yugito says, giving me a determined look. I chuckle. "Fine, let's go!" I shout as I charge at black Zetsu. "Lightning Dragon's Roar!!" I shout and lightning comes out of my mouth. Black Zetsu jumps out of the way. Yugito had some kind of cat like claws on her fists and followed black Zetsu up. "Flying Claw!!" She shouts as she swipes at black Zetsu in the air. Since Zetsu was in the air and can't move, he blocks using his arms below the elbow, ripping up his black skin. They jump back, sliding on the ground. "Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame!" I shout as I throw a ball of fire at Zetsu. He went underground to avoid the attack. "Where did he go?!" Yugito shouts as she looks around. I close my eyes and let my dragon slayer senses run freely. My ears twitches when I hear a sound behind me. "There!" I shout as I throw a kunai at the source, which was in a tree. Zetsu's torso came out of the tree and caught the kunai midair. "Well done finding me. But can you dodge this?" Black Zetsu asks us. I hear a noise behind us and I whip around to see a gigantic root, going for Yugito. "WATCH OUT!!!" I shout as I run and pushed her out of the way, getting pierced in the stomach by the root. Man, attacks just love going for your stomach don't they? OW OW OW OW FUCK! "Ciel!" She yells as the root pulls away from my stomach. I fall to the ground clutching my wound as I watch the root go for Yugito. She cuts it off with her long nails and runs to my side. "Are you okay!?" Yugito asks me and I roll my eyes. "Oh yeah, this is just a flesh wound. No I'm fucking not I just got impaled a little while ago!" I shout, groaning a little in the process. "Hmph, pathetic. I don't even know why Leader-sama wanted to recruit you. And he still does, surprisingly." Zetsu says as more roots came for us. "Shut the fuck up!!" Yugito yells, as she slices up all the roots. I heal my wound, and it was going at a fast rate. Thank god for Okamia's chakra and my magic. Yugito and Zetsu was clashing so hard and fast, too fast for my eyes to follow. I turn back to my wound so I can focus on it. 20 minutes later, I was completely healed. I stand up and see half of the forest completely destroyed. Uh.... What the hell happened? You were too absorbed into healing your wound happened. I didn't get to see what happened to Yugito and Zetsu because of that. Well, let's find them quick!! I ran, yelling Yugito's name desperately. I see her and Zetsu in the distance. She was skinless and knocked out, hanging on Zetsu's shoulder. "Yugito! You bastard!" I shout as I charge at Zetsu. "Wind Ice Dragon Mode: Wind Ice Dragon's Roar!!" I shout, ice barreling his way. Zetsu dodged and got ready for another attack, since I only had a small amount of time in this mode. Ranging from 5-10 minutes, 15 if I was lucky. "Oh? Recovered so soon? Interesting..." Zetsu says as he jumps away. "Blizzard Camelia: Cold Wintertide!!" I shout as a huge blizzard covers the area. "O swift wind that dashes through the heavens, Vernier! Ile Vernier!!" I shout. I use the blizzard as cover while it damaged Zetsu. I flickered right behind Zetsu and roundhouse kicked him in the face. He falls, but I flickered to him and punched him and repeated this. Flickering behind him, in front, to the side and landing blows all over his body, but avoiding the unconscious Yugito on his shoulder. I finally kicked him away, and he falls to the floor and Yugito rolling off his shoulder. I make a shadow clone and she runs to Yugito and got her away from Zetsu. She starts healing Yugito, slowly her skin creeps back on her exposed muscles and tissue. "I see... You may seem really weak but you really know how to use your attacks at the right time." Zetsu says as he stands back up. "Now hold on Ferny boy, we're just getting started. Notre Carnia!!!" I shout as my vision was inverted. "So this is the eye jutsu that Leader-sama was talking about... Let's see how strong this eye jutsu of your is that he speaks so fondly of." Zetsu says as he gets in fighting position. Ice form on my wrist to my elbow, making some kind of sword thing on both of my arms. It's the the same on my legs, ankle to my knees. I charge at Zetsu, trying to cut him up in any way shape or form. I continue fighting but suddenly Zetsu jumped back. "Why're you running!? Cuz you were talking big back there! Get your ass back here and fight me!" I shout. I get a future and I whip around. "Ciel!!! Behind you!!" I shout at the shadow clone that was healing Yugito. White Zetsu came back and was ready to whack Yugito down to the ground. The clone I made got out a kunai and charged at White Zetsu but she got whacked away by his wood arm and disappeared. His arm shaped into a hammer and was bringing his arm up to hit Yugito. I run, Vernier still in effect, and got in front of Yugito. I get a flash that I can block this attack was to grab White Zetsu's arm and flip him over my shoulder. But, I don't have that much upper body strength, would I be able to do it? If that future me was able to do it, then I can too, but that chance is pretty low. I get back to the reality and grab the hammer arm and flipped him over my shoulder, surprisingly. "Ow ow ow ow.... This recruit just doesn't give up, does she?" White Zetsu says as he sinks back into the ground. I hear something shift behind me and I get a flash. Black Zetsu impales me with wood root, and I fall to the ground half dead. I get back to reality and I dodge to the left, and sure enough, there was a root. I get another flash that roots come out of the ground and at me, but I wasn't quick enough. I was impaled by multiple roots in multiple places. "I'm doubting Leader's choice of new recruits, she was weak." White Zetsu says as he rejoins Black Zetsu. "Hey, that's because you just got here. I have to say, it was a tricky battle. She knows how to use her moves and when. She's too stubborn to back down." Black says. Blood dribbles down my chin and falls to the ground. I smile. "Don't think I'm done yet, I still have lots and lots of tricks up my sleeves." I say as I weakly weaves some hand signs. "Gather! O river of light that's guided by fairies!!" I shout as I point my fist up at the sky, a beam of light comes out of the ground around me and forms a circle of light in the sky. Then I point my fist at Zetsu. "Shine! In order to perish fangs of evil!!" I shout as the circle of light comes down and around Zetsu. Zetsu was panicking as he looks at the circle, arguing with itself. "Fairy Glitter!!!" I shout and the circle enclosed on Zetsu and exploded, sending all of us flying. The roots tear off the ground and flies back, with me still impaled. I grunt as I slip my body off of the root and onto the ground painfully. I didn't see Zetsu's body anywhere, so it was safe to assume he escaped? I drift off into unconscious and the last thing I saw, more like felt, was someone picking me up.