Chapter 25

*First person pov*

"We are here." Yamato announces. We had just arrived at Tenchi bridge. Yamato made the preparations and told us to hide behind a rock. After a while, we spot the spy on the bridge. "Good luck... Yamato-taichou." Pinky whispers. It was hard to hear because of all the wind, but I was able to make it out because of my dragon slayer senses. "It has been a long time, Sasori-sama." The spy, or rather Kabuto, says. I got ready for the sneak attack of Pedophile. Kabuto removes his hood. "It has been five years..." Kabuto says. I could tell Pinky, Naruto, and Keiko were surprised. "Were you followed?" Yamato asks in a Puppet voice. "No, it is safe." Kabuto answers. "How are you?" Yamato asks and I face palm. I don't think Puppet would ask that sort of question... "When your jutsu was lifted, and I remembered who I really was, I felt somewhat disoriented. I am still somewhat heavy headed..." Kabuto tells Yamato. "Him again!?" Naruto hisses quietly. "No way... Kabuto was the Akatsuki spy all along..." Pinky says in disbelief. Keiko digs her sharp nails, or rather claws, in my scalp in frustration. "Ow!" I whisper shout. "Oh. Sorry." Keiko apologizes and retracts her claws. I sigh. Keiko always had kinda a grudge on Kabuto since that Tsunade thing. I turn back to Yamato and Kabuto. "I have some questions for you." Yamato tells Kabuto. "I have little time, so make it brief. It was a great risk to slip away from Orochimaru to come here." Kabuto tells him. "Tell me about the location of your base and Uchiha Sasuke." Kabuto hesitates for a moment. "We have many bases, to keep from being discovered, we change bases on a weekly basis. There are, of course, bases in other countries besides the sound. Orochimaru's spies enter those countries to guide us. But we have various movement methods, which at some times could be cumbersome. Our current base is hidden on a small island in a lake to the north. We will move from there in three days. Uchiha Sasuke is also there." Kabuto says. "The winds really strong, I can't pick up anything they're saying!" Naruto says as he cups his hands around his ears to listen. "Idiot! That's why we're able to get so close! Our sound and scent are carried away by the wind, so they don't know we're here." Pinky says. "I can hear." I tell them. "Really? What are they saying?" Naruto asks, anxious. "Pedophile has a bunch of bases that he switches every week. They are residing on a island in a lake north from here. They are planning to leave in three days. And... Duckbutt is also there." I summarize to them. Naruto clenches his fists as he looks down. Pinky looked focused on something. Keiko was normal when I dumped the news on them, but her eyes tell a different story. I can tell she missed Duckbutt, even though she can't remember much about him, she was a kid at the time. Sai was just Sai, since he didn't know Duckbutt personally. Kabuto whips his head behind him, paranoid. I squint to see what Kabuto was looking at but all I could make out was a white spot in the bushes then disappearing to the forest. Poor rabbit, if I remember correctly, Pedophile's dumb snake eats him. "What... Just a wild rabbit..." Kabuto says in relief. "By the way, about that one task you asked of me, Sasori-sama..." Kabuto says as he turns around to face Yamato fully. "Even after his transmigration Orochimaru cast a jutsu on the cellular specimen of a leftover corpse in order to protect it, I was unable to perform any data analysis of that specimen." Kabuto tells Pupp- I mean, Yamato. Damn his acting his good. "I see..." Yamato says. "Just what is he doing?! Why doesn't he go ahead with the capture already!?" Naruto whisper shouts, anxious as ever. "This is Kabuto we're talking about here. If he were to get away, then things would end here. Taking things almost too carefully here is just what the captain needs to be doing." Pinky explains. "Still... If he takes things more carefully than he needs to and ends up arousing suspicion then he'll lose his chance to capture the target." Sai says. We turned back to watch, not going further in the conversation. Actually, I'm pretty sure me and Keiko weren't in the conversation since we didn't even utter a word. "On that note, please give me the item we talked about I can't continue to stay here much longer. If it's found out that I'm meeting with you here like this... I'll be killed." Kabuto says as he holds out his hand. "Very well..." Yamato says as he searches through his cosplay Akatsuki cloak. Come to think of it, I'm going to have to ask him to let me borrow it... Yamato whips out a kunai to use against Kabuto but it seems like Pedophile finally decided to jump in the soon to be fray. "Your conversation is quite amusing... you wouldn't mind if I joined in, would you?" Pedophile says from behind Kabuto. Pedophile uses his snakes to wrap around Kabuto but he jumps back in time, leaving his coat. "Orochimaru!?" Naruto almosts shouts in disbelief. "Ciel... that guy..." Keiko says as she trails off. "Yeah. He's the same guy." I tell her. She had the most hateful glare on her face and directed it to Pedophile and Kabuto. "I almost wasn't able to step back in time but thanks to you taking out your kunai, Sasori-sama, I was." Kabuto says, faking relievedness... not a word, but I'm making it one. The wind picked up so I couldn't hear the rest of what they're saying. "What do we do now!?" Naruto whisper shouts. "All we can do is wait for the captain's signal." Pinky says, not taking her eyes off the soon to be fight. Kabuto's hand was covered in chakra and turned to Pedophile but sharply turned back to Yamato and sliced the Puppet costume he made out of the wood, revealing a shocked Yamato.