Chapter 98

*First person pov*

"AAAAGHHH!!!!" Ugh, not again. I get out of bed and run to Keiko's room. She's been have nightmares since she learned about..... The truth. I open the door to Keiko's room and she's screaming in her sleep. I run over and started shaking her. "Oi! Wake up! Keiko!" I yelled as I shook her. She opened her eyes immediately and looked around, tears in her eyes. "I.... What... Why...?" Keiko mumbles as she held her head. I picked her up and held her gently. "You're fine Keiko. You're safe in our home." I said, hugging her. She sniffles and wipes away her tears. She pushes me away. "I'm fine now... But I can't sleep these nights.... Can I sleep with you, like we used to?" Keiko asked, tears staining her fur on her cheeks. "Sure. C'mon." I said as I picked her up and brought her to my room. I pulled the covers over us. "Keiko... if you don't mind me asking, can you tell what your nightmares are about?" I asked her. "....Everyone was disappearing. It seems like my nightmares take place when this manga ends.... And everyone is disappearing. Forgotten...." Keiko said as she avoids my eyes. "I see... well it won't happen in a long time... I hope... It's either we die... Or Naruto dies." I said, looking up at the ceiling. "Why Naruto?" Keiko asked me. "Don't you remember the title of this manga? It's Naruto, so he's the main character. If he died, then they wouldn't be a story, would there?" I asked Keiko. "I suppose not.... Good night Ciel." Keiko said as she snuggles into my body. "Yeah... Good night."

Time skip morning~

I heard something knocking on my windows. Okay, this is getting ridiculous. These fucking birds tweet me up every morning, and they have the GALL. The GALL to peck at my fucking window. This. Means. War. Keiko was awake too, she was thinking the exact thing. We nod at each other and threw the blankets in the air. I grab Taurus's battle axe while Keiko got the whip. Keiko flew over and opened the window. "ARRRRGH!!!" I yelled as Keiko used her whip like Indiana Jones to tie up... a figure? I was expecting a regular bird, but now. THIS IS A SUMMON!!! THESE BIRDS CAN USE NINJUTSU!? THIS IS GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE!! Keiko trips the giant bird summon and I pressed the axe to it's neck. "Yes! We got it!~" Keiko cheers. "C-Ciel! Wha-What are you doing?" A nervous voice asked. "HUH!?" I yelled as I turned back to the bird.Oh. It was Kakashi. "What are you doing here Kakashi?" I said as I remove the blade from his neck. "Godaime needs to see you two and Naruto." Kakashi said as I helped him up. "By th-the way, why did you attack me?" Kakashi asked us. "Tch, these Konoha birds have it out for us. Seriously, they hate us!! They wake us up so fucking early in the morning, it's ridiculous! We thought you were a bird that had the gall to peck on our window." Keiko answered his question, spitting venom when she said bird. "O-Okay... Let's go wake up Naruto." Kakashi said, sweating as he walked over to the window next to us. "Oh yeah, why didn't you dodge our attacks? You could've easily dodged it." I said as I reached through my window and put the axe back in my room. "I wasn't expecting it." Kakashi said as he knocks on Naruto's window. "Also, why didn't you just knock on our door like every sane person?" Keiko asked as she twirls her whip around. "You guys weren't waking up..." Kakashi said. "Well, we had a rough night last night." I answered. "Well, you two get dressed." Kakashi said and we nod. We climbed back into our apartment window and shut the curtains, don't want Kakashi see us change.

Time skip~

We were walking to the Hokage building. "Man, what does Granny Tsunade want so early in the morning?" Naruto complains. "Well, we can't help it. Maybe she wants us to go get more makeup to cover her wrinkles because she ran out!" Keiko snickers. "If Tsunade heard you, that would have been the end of you Keiko." I said, sweat dropping. "Agreed. Godaime is ruthless..." Kakashi agrees, nodding. We made it to the Hokage building... but something caught my eye. Something I didn't want to see for a long time... Gamakichi and Gamabunta was right outside of the Hokage building. I start shaking as my heart dropped to my stomach. "Huh? The Boss Toad and Gamakichi?" Naruto asked. "What's shakin Naruto?" Gamakichi said. They start saying more stuff but I couldn't make it out... I was in too much shock. "Ci...el? You're shaking." Keiko pointed out. I felt bile rise up in the back of my throat and I fall on my hands on my knees. I puke on the ground, coughing. "Ciel!?" Keiko shouts as she rubbed my back. "Ciel, are you okay!?" Kakashi said, rushing to my side. I looked up, wiping my mouth. I felt more coming. I barfed again and they rubbed my back. "Ciel! Get yourself together!!" Naruto shouts as he kneeled in front of me. "Kid! Are you okay!?" Gamabunta shouts. I wiped my mouth, and smiled at everyone here. "I'm fine.... I just felt a little light headed...." I said, giving them a fake smile. Naruto sighs and turns around so his back was facing me. "Hop on." Naruto said. I stared at his back for a moment then got on. We started moving and I bit my lip, trying not to let sobs escape. Tears streamed down my face, but I wipe them quickly so it doesn't get on Naruto's shirt. There's no mistaking it.... Ero-sennin... died.