~Chapter 7~

Camille's POV
I woke up at 5:00 AM with Sam still on my chest. I looked over to my computer and turned the music off.

I groaned and turned back over, my body still asleep. "Ugh. Stop moving." Sam groaned, her grip tightening on my waist. "Sorry. Had to turn the music off." I said, my voice raspy.

After a few moments of silence, Sam opened her eyes. "Okay. I'm up now." she said, sitting up. I sat up and pushed myself on the headboard.

"Sleep good?" I asked. "Oh my gosh. Yes! Your bed is soo comfortable!" she replied. "You didn't even sleep on the bed. You slept in my chest. But, I'll take it as a compliment. So, thank you." I laughed. She chuckled at my comment.

"Are you gonna go talk to Eric Monday?" I asked.

"Yeah. Hopefully he'll let me talk to him."

"What do you mean let?"

"He doesn't let just anybody talk to him. Like, you have to be somebody in the school to talk to him. Isabelle and her followers, he talks to them all the time because they're really popular. I don't think popularity is that important, but whatever. It's not like I care or anything. H-he's just some st-s—"

"You can't even say the word, Sam. Look, I know you're nervous. Everyone gets nervous about talking to a crush. Just know, I'll be right by your side when you talk to him. There's nothing to worry about." I assured her.

"You're right. I'm just panicking. I'm totally fine! I can do this!" she said. "What do you wanna do today?" I asked. "I dunno." she replied.

"Ooh! Maybe we can go to the park and then the beach!" I suggested. "Okay. Better than just sitting around." she said.

"Are you gonna try out for anything at school?" I asked. "Nah. I don't really want to." she replied. "Eh. I just thought it would be a bit fun. You know, not being an outcast all the time and actually do something." I said.

"That would be nice, but where would we fit in?" she asked quite coldly. "Ouch." I said, touching my chest with my hand.

"I didn't mean to say it like that. You know what I mean." she said. "No, I know. It's just, I just want to be known and liked for once. Don't you? That small taste of popularity, you know? It'll be nice for a change." I said, looking down at my small hands.

"I-I'm not trying to be rude. I just— I don't think popularity is cut out for us. Maybe being an outcast is good for us, you know. We get to be different for a change and not just follow everyone else. Let's not become popular because of, of being rude and threatening someone. Instead, let's become popular by being nice. We can take advantage of our kindness anytime." she said.

"I know. But, how about we do something at school so we won't be completely bored out of our minds." I said. "Alright. What about Photography Club? They always go on amazing trips all around the world!" she exclaimed.

"I think photography is more of a hobby than a profession for me. What about the dance team!? They always go on competitions all around the world and dancing is something I'm really good at! I'm pretty sure you are too! C'mon, please do this with me! It's also an amazing way for us to make new friends." I said, trying my best to convince her.

"You do have a point,"

"Yeah! Yes! I do!"

"But, what about us! They don't want a British and a British-Italian-Latina on the team!"

"I'm actually British-Italian-Latina, too. But, c'mon! They would love us! I'll have to go up to the captain on Monday to see when they're having tryouts. Don't knock it 'till you try it."

"Alright. Fine. I'm only doing this for you!"

I squealed and hugged her. "Okay. That's enough!" she said, moving away a bit. "Oh come on! You know you love me." I said, letting go of her. "I do but, dang. I'm not a squeeze doll. I'm fragile, you know." she laughed. "Ha ha." I said sarcastically.

She looked down and her eyes landed on my wrists. I knew this was coming sooner or later. I'm surprised mum or anyone else hasn't noticed.

"You weren't kidding were you," She grabbed my wrists and examined them. "I can't believe you actually did this! Why?"

"I-I can't explain it." I replied, taking my arm back. "Just say one word that will explain it. If you have more than one word, say those too." she demanded.

"Pain. Suffrage. Abandonment. Lost love. Broken-hearted. No one to help me. Save me. Fix me. Alone. Abuse. Just...really bad pain." I replied, almost in another accent.

"Oh my gosh. It's that bad that you can't talk in your normal, adorable, accent. You poor thing!" she said dramatically, resting her head on my shoulder.

"This isn't funny, Sam. That's true." I said. She slightly frowned and sat up. "You're for real beyond serious right now? Don't lie to me." she asked.

"For real. I'm seriously serious. This isn't a joke. I would tell you what happened, but I haven't even told mum yet." I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" she asked. "Oh. Sorry." I said.

"Should we get up?" she asked. "How long have we been sitting here?" I asked. "An hour." she replied.

"Yeah. We should probably get up." I replied. I got out of bed and stretched before walking into the closet. I grabbed a random outfit and walked into the bathroom.

I took a shower and washed my hair. That's my hair wash for the week. I got out of the shower and dried off. I put on undergarments and started to put on my clothes.

I put on a black tank top, a red and black plaid flannel, light blue shorts, and black combat boots.

I walked out the bathroom and to my vanity. I sat down and started on my hair. I blow dried my hair and brushed it out.

My hair came out very wavy and curly at the ends. I put on black mascara and clear lipgloss.

I turned around and jumped a bit when I saw Sam standing in front of me.

"You scared me." I said. "I can see that." she laughed.

She was dressed in a black tank top, blue jean shorts, and black combat boots. She had a purple and black plaid flannel tied around her waist. She had six golden bracelets on both arms and a golden ring on her right hand.

She also has a tattoo on her left wrist that says Paradise. "How many tats do you have?" I asked.

"Uh. This one, on my left wrist. One on the inside of my finger that says Love, one on the inside of my right arm that says Live, Love, & Eat, and one of a small heart on my lower back. So, four. Seven, counting the words." she replied.

"When was the first time you got one?" I asked. "I was 13. My mum's friend did it. His name is Bryan. It was the heart on my back. He did a good job." she replied.

"You got any?" she asked. "Yeah. One on my arm that says Surviver and one on my thigh that says Keep Your Faith. It Gets Better in cursive." I replied.

"How come they never noticed?" she asked. "I guess they never paid attention. Don't point it out though. They'll notice sooner or later." I replied.

"Let's go." I said. We walked out of my room after I turned the light off. I closed the door behind us and walked down the stairs behind Sam.

"Planned the day, girls?" Leigh asked, not looking up from her book. "Yep." I replied.

"What's on the agenda today?" Jade asked from the kitchen.

"The park and then the beach." I replied.

"Or we can go up to that school." Jesy said, with a serious look on her face.

"What?" Sam and I asked in unison.

TO BE CONTINUED