~Chapter 17~

*one week later*
Camille's POV
It's been a week since I told Sam and it's only been getting worse. I'm at school right now and it towards the end of the day.

I'm in the restroom and I can hear my name being tossed around. I'm hiding in a stall right now.

"Yeah. I know! Her friend told me she saw him hit her!"

"Wait, are you sure? Because like, that would earn him bad publicity. Why would he do it in public?"

"I don't know. Maybe they're just spreading rumours. Camille seems fine."

"Maybe. You know she just recently started wearing makeup? She never wears makeup! Maybe she's covering up scars or bruises!"

"Yeah, you're right. I totally have to tell everyone. I'm kinda worried about her."

"Same. I just wanna give her a hug or something."

Their voices got faint as they walked out of the restroom. Who else would know about this? I only told Sa– Sam.

I quickly walked out of the restroom and ran out the school doors. I found Sam standing by a bench talking to Lola.

"Sam!" I said angrily, walking over to her. "Oh, hey! We were just talking about going to the water park this weekend." Sam said, smiling at me.

"Uh. We'll chat later. Bye." Isabelle said. "Bye." Sam said. Isabelle walked away and I walked up to Sam.

"Why!? Why did you do that!?" I asked. "Do what?" she asked. "Tell everyone about.....you know!" I replied.

"About wha— Zayn abusing you?! You think I would tell somebody that!? I may be bad, but I'm not a bad friend! I would never do that to you!" she whisper-yelled.

"It's one thing to tell everyone, but it's another thing to lie to my face when I confront you about it!" I yelled. "I didn't tell anyone!" she screamed.

"Then how would they know!? I didn't tell anyone but you!" I yelled. "Don't ask me because I didn't say a word! You know word travels fast in California! Maybe one of the boys tweeted about it or something and everyone knows! But, don't pin this on me!" she said.

"They don't even know! No one knows but YOU!" I yelled.

"Well, maybe people just ASSUMED that you are getting abused! If you haven't noticed, you haven't been yourself lately! You've been moping around all day, everyday, your dancing is NOT like how it used to be, and you are starting to fail! Maybe that gave it away. But I do know one thing: I didn't tell!" she said.

"Forget it." I said, starting to walk away. "Camille, you gotta believe me!" she yelled. I didn't respond and walked home.

How could she just tell everyone?! She promised she wouldn't tell! I don't get it!

What type of best friend tells someone else their best friends biggest secret!? This just isn't making since to me. Why would she do that?

___________________________________________________

I know this chapter was short, but the next one will be longer. Trust me peeps.

Guys, so much has happened and it's only chapter 17! Like, wow!

Do you think Sam told someone? What do you guys think?

Thank you so much for reading and voting and commenting!! I love you all so much! Byee! 💖