~Chapter 10~

Perrie's POV
"W-what was that!? Did they have a flashback and they passed out!? I need to know so I don't have to call an ambulance!" Leigh panicked, pacing around the room. "U-uh, check their pulse! Are they breathing!? I'M FREAKING OUT!" Leigh said, bending down next to Sam.

She checked her pulse and she stood up, bringing her hands to her hair. "Calm down." Jade said. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN WHEN WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE HER BACK WITH HER PARENTS MONDAY! THEY CAN BE IN A COMA!" Leigh screamed.

"Leigh, they're okay." Jesy said. "No they're not!" Leigh yelled. I started panic and checked Camille's pulse. "She's right." I said, tears filling my eyes. "Call an ambulance, get me some cold water and a rag." I said. Everyone shot up and did as told. Leigh stood in the corner, calling an ambulance.

Liam and Niall pulled Sam next to Camille and I tended to them both. "How can a flashback do this!?" Jade asked. "I don't know." I replied honestly. I touched their foreheads, both burning up.

"Did anyone notice how hot they were when they touched them?" I asked. "Yeah. While we were walking, I touched Sam and she was burning up." Jesy replied. "Yeah. I touched Camille and she was hot too." Jade replied.

"Maybe they have a really bad fever." I said. "Or maybe it's both a fever and the flashback." Jesy said. The boys came in with a big bowl of ice water and two rags. "Jade, help me." I said. Jade walked over and bent down next to Sam.

I handed her a rag and I wet mine a bit. I placed it on Camille's forehead and dabed it around. "They said an ambulance is on the way." Leigh said, walking over to us.

"C'mon, guys." I whispered. I checked Camille's pulse again, it was really faint. "Camille's pulse is faint, but it's there." I said. "Sam's is faint too." Jade said.

"It has to be a fever." Jesy said. "Do I need to call Sam's parents?" Leigh asked. "Well, a-duh." Jesy replied. Leigh scoffed and started to call Sam's parents.

"Hello? Ms.Foster? Stef, right. Sorry. No, actually. Um, Sam got a really bad fever. We got some ice water and—....Uh, no. We just called an ambulance for both the girls—......O-okay. Yes, we will. I'll tell you what the doctor says, yes. O-okay. Bye."

"She was freaking out, but I was able to calm her down." Leigh said, walking over to us. "They're still burning up." I said.

"Well this must be a fever from Hell if it's not going down with ice water!" Harry blurted. "HARRY!" everyone yelled. He put his hands up in defense and started to back up.

I shook my head and tended back to Camille.

Just them, a knock was heard at the door. Leigh quickly opened it and four paramedics stood in the doorframe. "Where are they?" one asked. Leigh led them inside and over to me. "How long have the been out?" one asked. "Uh. An hour." Jade replied.

Jade and I stood up and backed up. I held her hand and watched as they checked their hearts. They kept doing all these other things and it started to scare me. Jade squeezed me hand and I squeezed hers. The paramedic looked up at the other three and flicked his head to the door.

Two of them each brought in a gurney. They put them on one and rolled them out. I tugged Jade along as I ran outside with them.

"Perrie!" Jade said. The paramedic waved, telling us to come on. "Oh. Okay then." Jade said. She ran by my side and got in the ambulance with Sam while I got in the one with Camille.

The drove off and I looked at Camille. They checked her temperature an looked at the thermometer. "110 degrees Fahrenheit." the women said. "Oh my gosh." I whispered, bringing my hands to my hair.

A lot of things are going on in my head! What I'd they don't live? Fevers this high can cause death! Oh my gosh! We literally just adopted her like, two weeks ago! I can't have my kid dying on my watch! Lord Jesus, please make a miracle happen!

***

We are at the hospital and the girls are in the same room. We told the doctor not to separate them because their twins. Evil, I know. But, I didn't want them to panic. If they wake up, that is.

They have breathing tubes in their noses, IVs in their right arm and left hand, and a ice pack on their foreheads.

I'm sitting on Jade's lap because there is only one chair. "Perrie." Jade whispered. I looked at her and she took in a deep breath. "What if.........what if they......you know..." she trailed off, hoping I knew where she was going. "I don't know." I replied.

"I'm scared." she whispered. "Of what?" I whispered. "That they won't make it." she replied. "Jade. They're gonna make it. I promise." I said, holding her hand. She rubbed small circles on my hand and sighed. "Yeah, but what if they don't. Sam's fever was 110 degrees Fahrenheit. If it's over 108 degrees, they can die." Jade said.

I sighed and put my head on her chest. "We can only hope for the best. Who knows? They could be up and running like never before tomorrow." I said, trying to boost her spirit. "Pezza, they could barely breathe an hour ago. Their pulse maybe faint now, but it could die out." she said.

I looked up at her and she looked down at me. "They're going to be okay." I said, looking into her eyes. "Promise?" she asked. "Promise." I replied.

She looked at my lips and I looked at hers. We got lost in the moment and kissed. "Zayn's gonna kill me." I said against her lips. "I'll be here to keep you alive." she said.

TO BE CONTINUED