~Chapter 53~

Camille's POV
One.

"STOP!"

I almost jumped, but the voice stopped me.

"Camille. Don't do this. You don't know what you're doing."

"They're making me." I said. "You don't have to do what they say. Do you really want to do this?" he asked.

"Yes." I croaked. "No, you don't. They're making you think you want to do this. Please, get down."

He spoke to me in a calm tone. I still couldn't get down, though.

"I can't. They're making me do this. I have to."

"No, you don't. Please."

I broke down crying, everyone still looking up at me.

"Camille. Please get down from there. I won't hurt you, I promise. Just please, come down."

"No."

"Camille, think about this. If you jump, you will be ending two precious lives. You already have a baby growing inside you. You don't want to take its life away, now do you?"

"No."

"I know you don't. Now, please. Let me get you down from there."

"I-I can't."

"Please. I won't hurt you. No one will hurt you. We just want to protect you. We want to keep you safe. But, we can't do that unless you come down. I won't let you fall. Please, baby girl."

I turned around and I could tell his fear increased. I stretched out my arms and he sighed in relief. He slowly walked closer to me as if he was scared to come near me.

Unknowingly, my foot slid off the edge, making my entire body fall backwards. A scream erupted from my throat, struggling to grab onto anything.

Everyone gasped and and started yelling. I felt hands grab my arms and my breathing was heavy. "Told you I wouldn't let you fall."

He pulled me up, my heart still racing.

He sat down on the ground and held me close. "Please don't leave me." I cried into his chest. "I won't, Princess. I promise." he said, stroking my hair.

***

"Are you ready to go home now?"

I made Jacob take me to his house because I was too shook up to go back home. He's been holding me close with the door open for the past hour.

I was way too scared to leave, afraid that something would happen. But, I need to suck it up and go back home. The girls know I'm here because Jacob called Sam and I know Sam told the girls.

"Yeah." I replied, barely audible. "You sure?" he asked. I nodded. I felt his warmth move away from my body. I flinched as a shaky breath flew past my lips.

"It's okay. I'm right here." he said, placing his hand on my cheek. I relaxed and nodded. He walked around his bed and to me. I looked up at him and he picked me up.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He walked out of his room and down the stairs, my body moving against his.

He walked out of the house and started walking down the street.

My breathing started to increase as I thought of all the bad things that could happen to me. What if Zayn somehow escaped and is ready to kill me? What if I get in trouble because I tried to kill myself? What if Zayn already attacked the girls?

"Shhh. Calm down. You're okay. No one is going to hurt you."

He ran his fingers through my hair as he kept walking. Just hearing his voice calmed me down.

I tightened my grip around him and put my face in the crook of his neck. He tightened his grip around my waist as if he was trying to not let me fall.

All of a sudden, he stopped.

He gently set me down, but my arms still remained around his neck.

"I have to go, Princess."

"You promised you wouldn't leave."

"I won't. I'm just a phone call or text away. I'm always here for you, baby girl."

He squeezed me tightly and let go. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left me standing on the doorstep.

I watched as he walked away, soon disappearing out of my sight.

I turned to the door and opened it. I walked inside and didn't see the girls anywhere. I started to walk into the kitchen, but I heard people walking down the stairs.

I looked and they were all coming downstairs possibly from the roof.

Tears formed in my eyes and I ran up to mum. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she hugged me close.

I'm just scared. Scared for my life........ and theirs.