~Chapter 16~

*the next day*
Camille's POV
I walked into the house with my bag and closed the door behind me. I was about to run up the stairs, but someone noticed my presents.

"SHE'S BACK!"

I saw Jade running to me and hugged me. "Wow. Okay." I said, hugging back. "I've only been gone for a day." I laughed.

"We know, but we aren't used to you leaving!" Leigh said, hugging me. "Where's mum and Jesy?" I asked. "Went to the store." Jade replied.

"So, what did you guys do?" Leigh asked, walking into the kitchen. Jade and I followed and I sat on a island stool.

"Well, I told Niall what happened at the dance tryouts, got a lot of hugs, played with Lola, Niall and I had a hot wing eating contest and I won, and I basically had to take over cooking dinner because no one was doing it right."

"Harry can cook, though." Jade said. "Yeah, but they were cooking the pasta so wrong." I replied.

"Did you guys have spaghetti or something?" Leigh asked. "Sure. Spaghetti." I replied. "Oh yeah. Also, after we ate and everything, Liam, Harry, Niall, Louis, and I all sat and watched Lilo & Stitch." I added.

"What about Zayn? What was he doing?" Jade asked. "I dunno. He didn't really come out of his room." I replied.

"Does Zayn have a criminal record?" I asked. "That was random. Why do you ask?" Jade asked, cutting up some carrots. "Just wanted to know." I replied. "Eh. No." Leigh said. "Oh. What are you making?" I asked. "The filling for the spring rolls." Leigh replied.

"What are we having with that?" I asked. "Oh that's just a snack for now. We're having–"

"We're back!"

I looked over and Jesy and mum were walking in the house with some bags. "May you guys help us bring in the bags?" Jesy asked. We nodded and walked out of the house.

After three trips, we had everything in the house. "The sooner we put everything away, the sooner we can get Sam. She's been texting me like crazy to come get her." Mum laughed.

"Is everything okay?" I asked. Sam hasn't texted me in a while and I've been quite worried. I just hope she's okay.

"She said some bad things has happened at the house and she feels like she needs to stay away. She said we were the only people she could think of." Mum replied.

"I can walk and go get her." I said. "You sure?" Jesy asked. "Yeah. It's totally fine." I replied, getting off the chair. "Um, okay. Do you want one of us to come with you?" Leigh asked. "No. I'll be fine. When we get back we'll help cook." I replied.

I walked out of the house and down the street. Once I got to Sam's house, I heard screaming. Maybe two or three people.

I decided to text Sam and tell her I'm here.

Me: I'm here. What's going on?
My Dope Arse BFF: just be ready for me to come out the house
Me: kk

I just stood there, still hearing screaming. The screaming got closer and closer until the door opened.

"YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THIS HOUSE, SAMANTHA!"

"WATCH ME!"

Sam slammed the door and ran over to me, embracing me in a hug. "Okay, what happened?" I asked as she let go. "I'll have to tell you when we get home. I know the girls would wanna hear this." she replied.

We walked back home and once to the house, we walked inside and Sam put her things in my room. Once she was back downstairs, we walked into the kitchen together and sat down at the island.

"So, what happened?" Jesy asked. "My brother and sister had a huge fight about my sisters boyfriend, my sisters boyfriend started a fight with with my brother, a gun got involved, my foster mom got shot trying to protect us, my brother got shot, my sister is possibly traumatised, and they are all possibly going to court. I walked away because it was too much drama and chaos for me to handle. The only place I could think of was here." Sam replied.

"Oh my. Are they alive?" Jade asked. "Yeah. They're in the hospital. Momma didn't want me to leave because she was scared. I just couldn't stay in that house." she replied.

***

After we got done helping cook and ate dinner, Sam and I went up to my room. Right now, we're sitting on my floor with my computer watching YouTube.

"So, what happened when you went to your Dad's?" she asked.

"Said hey to everyone, told Niall what happened at the tryouts, played with the dogs, Niall and I had a hot wing eating contest and I won, and everyone except Zayn watched Lilo & Stitch."

"What was Zayn doing?" she asked. "Being Zayn." I replied, shrugging. "Sam, I get a weird vibe from Zayn." I blurted. "Like, friendly, weird or he wants to kill you in your sleep, weird?" she asked. "Uh. Let's just say I don't trust him, weird." I replied.

"Is he cheating?!" she whispered. I shook my head. "Well, what happened when you went to say hi to him? Knowing you, you bursted through the door." she asked. I slightly laughed and nodded.

"Yeah. I did burst through the door. But, I didn't expect him to do what he did." I said. "Omg, did he force you to do something? I got a knife!" she said, standing up.

"No." I replied, pulling her down. "Then, what did he do? I still have a knife so either way, he's getting cut!" she said.

"Um. H-he threatened me to not tell, but I can't keep it inside. I just have to tell you." I started, tears forming in my eyes.

"What did he do?" she asked, pulling a knife from behind her back. "Put the knife away!" I said. She rolled her eyes out the knife down.

"What did he do?" she asked. "He hit me." I replied. "Where? How?" she asked.

"First he slapped me and then practically threw me on the floor when I said something, I don't remember." I replied. "That's child abuse! You either need to tell Perrie or call the police!" she said.

"Shhh! I don't want this to backfire on me!" I whispered. "Girl, your back will be on fire if you don't report this!" she said.

"It was probably just a mistake. It was the only time he did it. He probably won't do it again." I said.

"Camille, I don't know. But since you're so scared to tell anyone now, I won't. I promise. But, if he does this again, you can't stop me." she said.

"Sam! You have to promise me! Even if he does do it again, you won't tell anyone! Please!" I said, grabbing her hands.

She looked in my eyes and soon gave in. "Fine. I promise." she sighed. "Good." I said, letting her hands go.

Zayn nor I can afford someone knowing. If everyone knows, that will earn him bad publicity. And for me? That'll just means more and worse abuse is in my future.

____________________________________________________

Omg. I love how you guys thought Zayn was cheating! 😂 But this is worse. Way worse.

I honestly just thought of this and it was briLIAM in my opinion! 😂 I bet I spelled it wrong. I'm also not funny. Lemmie stop.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I will update soon and thank you so much for the support and feedback I'm getting. It really makes me happy to read y'alls comments.

I love you guys so much! Thanks for reading! Bye! 😘